A119 BEST WAY TO INSTALL AND HARDWIRE IN MODERN CAR

speed

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Dash Cam
Viofo A118C GPS
Hello everyone

I just bought the camera and I want to connect it with a Power Magic Pro so that it is also recorded when the car is parked.

An installer proposes to connect directly to the battery of the car, because it says that it is the only way that a modern car does not cut the electric current when the car is parked, is that true ???

The car is a Hyundai i30 mk3 of 2018

Finally where do you think it is better to install it? my car has a camera for several security functions (AEB sensor, front assist, lane assist, etc) and in the manual of the car it says verbatim: do not place any accessory on the windshield!

Do you know where I can put it safely so it does not interfere with the Autonomous Emergency Braking camera?

Where would you put it? option 1 or option 2

295bd4h.jpg

It is probably true that most, if not all, accessory sockets do power down when ignition is off. Some may stay live for a while, I think, but turn off after a bit. My solution, which was an easy self-install was to buy this OBD powered cord....

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/B06XS33J2N

My review is on 19th September last year, by Tim. At the time of purchase there was a "mini-USB" option available, which is required for the A119. Currently that option is not listed, but maybe you can find a similar device. It allows easy switching of power to permanent, for parking mode operation) or with ignition only (plus five minutes after ignition turned off) to save battery when parking ode is not required.. And just to be clear, the OBD port has power supplied even with ignition off, so the power is there if you wish to use it.

FWIW I use mine in a 2013 Kia Cee'd.

It is probably true that most, if not all, accessory sockets do power down when ignition is off. Some may stay live for a while, I think, but turn off after a bit. My solution, which was an easy self-install was to buy this OBD powered cord....

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/B06XS33J2N

My review is on 19th September last year, by Tim. At the time of purchase there was a "mini-USB" option available, which is required for the A119. Currently that option is not listed, but maybe you can find a similar device. It allows easy switching of power to permanent, for parking mode operation) or with ignition only (plus five minutes after ignition turned off) to save battery when parking ode is not required.. And just to be clear, the OBD port has power supplied even with ignition off, so the power is there if you wish to use it.

FWIW I use mine in a 2013 Kia Cee'd.

Thanks for you reply, I can't use the OBD because the port is blocked by anti-thief system I use.

Where would you put it? option 1 or option 2
I used "option 2" until I had to remove windshield tint, now I use "option 1". I have it "screened" by my panoramic mirror so it hardly visible from outside.

Back