A119 Dashcam Viewer not playing 2K Vid - answered

LateralNW

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Dash Cam
No Brand, Viofo 119,V1,V2,V3,Duo,Duo IR,T130,Vantrue S2
Anyone else having problems getting Dashcam Viewer v2.5.7 to play A119 V2.0 files?
Viofo advised me to use this program. Would be better if they made a program that could extract their gps info.

It plays the Eyoyo B40S Plus without any trouble.
It plays my older videos with A119 previous firmware (v1.6 I think) no problem.
I recently updated my firmware on the A119 to V2.0 without any problems.
I wanted to extract the gps info out of the files so I can get the G force information and thats when I found I can no longer play these files.

I have the 64 bit unregistered version (which odly installs in the x86 (32bit folder))
I have uninstalled/reinstalled/rebooted etc but still exactly the same problem.

Any suggestion appreciated.

Anyone else having problems getting Dashcam Viewer v2.5.7 to play A119 V2.0 files?
Viofo advised me to use this program. Would be better if they made a program that could extract their gps info.

I wanted to extract the gps info out of the files so I can get the G force information and thats when I found I can no longer play these files.

I have the 64 bit unregistered version (which odly installs in the x86 (32bit folder))

im using win10/64bit
i have no clue but dashcam viewer 64bit don't run correctry. it can't play video, but 32bit version play well.

Sent from my HUAWEI NXT-L29

im using win10/64bit
... 64bit don't run correctry. it can't play video, but 32bit version play well.

Thanks ponta for the reply.

I'll give the 32bit version a go and will post my results.

Update

the x32 bit version doesn't make any difference.

This could be because I am running the dash cam at the high resolution of 2560*1440 30fps. It seems to see the gps information but can't display the video.

On further investigation I discovered that Dashcam Viewer only supports 1080P HD video.
This is not because the developer doesn't care but because the software he relies upon that displays the video doesn't support it.

From Dashcam Forum developer
" ... Currently there is an incompatibility with video resolutions greater than 1080p on some Windows systems. I’m hoping a future update to the library will address this issue ..."

I just instaled Dashcam Viewer v2.5.8, Win 10 64bit, cam FW 2.0, res 1440p and no problem.

And 1440p is not 2K. 2K don't exist, it's only cinema 2k (2048×1080)

1440p is QHD (Quad HD) or WQHD (Wide Quad HD) so dont call it 2K

An update was posted about a day after I posted this question.

Version 2.5.8 doesn't work either. Both other forum users report it works on Win10/64
It may be that Win8.1 is lacking something. I know Win10 included the 265 codec perhaps that has some influence on the results.

The update notes from dashcam viewer makes no mention of fixing the higher resolution issue for (some) window computers.

WQHD (Wide Quad HD)

2K was used as it is shorter to write in a heading. No need to get so upset.

You can open videos of the A119 with GPS info with GPSCam android Viewer. Https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mmr.gpscam&hl=en

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-03-08-17-32-16.png
    Screenshot_2017-03-08-17-32-16.png
    825.1 KB · Views: 17
I’d love it if Dashcam Viewer could support Viofo A119 2560*1440 on Windows 10.

Has anyone been able to get this to work? If so, please advise your video hardware.

Its very disappointing that a key feature of the dashcam (ie hi res video) is half-broken (ie you can record it, but you can’t play it back) - on Windows 10 at least. You’d think Viofo would ensure there is compatible viewing software for Windows!

Tested Dashcam Viewer v2.6.1 (released 2017 April 10):
  • Mac OS X version displays video fine (and the other windows)

• Windows 64 bit just shows a black window for the video (other windows display fine). Tested on the following:

• 2 Dell laptops, each with NVIDIA Quadro 2000M with driver 21.21.13.6909 of 8/1/2016

• 1 laptop with NVIDIA Quadro 3000M with driver 21.21.13.6909 of 8/1/2016 (which Win 10 says is up to date)
VLC on these Windows machines displays the video fine. Maybe Dashcam Viewer could optionally use VLC for video playback?

I also tried NVidia's driver R370 U1 (372.95) of 2016.9.27, but that didn’t make any difference.

I’d love it if Dashcam Viewer could support Viofo A119 2560*1440 on Windows 10.

Has anyone been able to get this to work? If so, please advise your video hardware.

Its very disappointing that a key feature of the dashcam (ie hi res video) is half-broken (ie you can record it, but you can’t play it back) - on Windows 10 at least. You’d think Viofo would ensure there is compatible viewing software for Windows!

Tested Dashcam Viewer v2.6.1 (released 2017 April 10):
  • Mac OS X version displays video fine (and the other windows)

• Windows 64 bit just shows a black window for the video (other windows display fine). Tested on the following:
    • 2 Dell laptops, each with NVIDIA Quadro 2000M with driver 21.21.13.6909 of 8/1/2016

• 1 laptop with NVIDIA Quadro 3000M with driver 21.21.13.6909 of 8/1/2016 (which Win 10 says is up to date)
VLC on these Windows machines displays the video fine. Maybe Dashcam Viewer could optionally use VLC for video playback?

I also tried NVidia's driver R370 U1 (372.95) of 2016.9.27, but that didn’t make any difference.
Registrator Viewer will play the videos fine as well. Won't show GPS info though.

I have yet to find a player that will show GPS maps with 1440p and the a119. If someone does please post it here. Thanks.

I have yet to find a player that will show GPS maps with 1440p and the a119. If someone does please post it here. Thanks.

Coming soon... ;)

this is something @traveler is looking into now for Dashcam Viewer, @OCD Tronic has arranged a sample unit for them for testing

As soon as A119 V2 (with GPS) is in stock (about 1 week) I'll be sending @traveller one complimentary so he can test and improve high resolution video playback performance for everyone. (Happy to help!)

He has a nice list of other improvements coming soon as well.

@LateralNW, yeah, unfortunately the 1440p playback problem is a known issue that affects some Windows PC users. I can't duplicate it on my ASUS i7 17" laptop with nVidia 950M and Win10 (A119 sample 1440p movies play fine). Also, there are no reported 1440p playback issues with the Mac version of Dashcam Viewer.

I've been looking into causes and I think it's related to the Windows DirectShow video backend used by Dashcam Viewer. My hunch is that the DirectShow filters choke on the A119 1440p video for some reason.

A possible solution is to supplement the codecs used by DirectShow. I found these free codec packs that provide new DirectShow filters. I have not tested them since my PC doesn't have the 1440p playback issue, but perhaps someone who has the issue could experiment with them and get back to us with their findings.
Thanks,
John
http://dashcamviewer.com

As soon as A119 V2 (with GPS) is in stock (about 1 week) I'll be sending @traveller one complimentary so he can test and improve high resolution video playback performance for everyone. (Happy to help!)

He has a nice list of other improvements coming soon as well.

@OCD Tronic and @jokiin: You're help is much appreciated! :)

@LateralNW, yeah, unfortunately the 1440p playback problem is a known issue that affects some Windows PC users. I can't duplicate it on my ASUS i7 17" laptop with nVidia 950M and Win10 (A119 sample 1440p movies play fine). Also, there are no reported 1440p playback issues with the Mac version of Dashcam Viewer.

I've been looking into causes and I think it's related to the Windows DirectShow video backend used by Dashcam Viewer. My hunch is that the DirectShow filters choke on the A119 1440p video for some reason.

A possible solution is to supplement the codecs used by DirectShow. I found these free codec packs that provide new DirectShow filters. I have not tested them since my PC doesn't have the 1440p playback issue, but perhaps someone who has the issue could experiment with them and get back to us with their findings.
Thanks,
John
http://dashcamviewer.com

Ok... So I'm not going crazy. I have some 1440p footage for testing but cant do anything with it except view it on realplayer. So I guess I'll stick with 1080p 60.
Win7 & 6 year old laptop. Time to upgrade me thinks!

Yep, there was a bug in the Dashcam Viewer GPS processor for the A119/S. It's fixed in Dashcam Viewer version 2.6.3. The 1440p playback is still an issue on some Windows PCs.

John

Yep, there was a bug in the Dashcam Viewer GPS processor for the A119/S. It's fixed in Dashcam Viewer version 2.6.3. The 1440p playback is still an issue on some Windows PCs.

John

I just loaded the latest version, 2.6.4, and there is still no fix for the A119(FW2.05)/1440p/Win10 no display problem. The map shows the GPS data but the videos won't run. I have also tried all the codecs listed in your post #14 but nothing works.

The videos run fine in VLC and in Registrator Viewer (no GPS displays in the latter unless you extract with NovaTrakt, then it's OK).

Back