A119 - Dashcam Viewer software crashes in Windows 10

USRobo

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have installed both the 32bit and 64bit versions of Dashcam Viewer on Windows 10 and they both crash after loading video and it does not display the gps info. I'm using the highest resolution.

I read that Registor Viewer does not work with the A119.
I can play the video's with no problem with quicktime but can't que them up.

Need a fix for Dashcam Viewer or another software that will work.
Thaks

I have installed both the 32bit and 64bit versions of Dashcam Viewer on Windows 10 and they both crash after loading video and it does not display the gps info. I'm using the highest resolution.

I read that Registor Viewer does not work with the A119.
I can play the video's with no problem with quicktime but can't que them up.

Need a fix for Dashcam Viewer or another software that will work.
Thaks
It crashes for me as well. Registration Viewer will work with the A119, it just won't show GPS info.

Yes I was able to get registor viewer to show videos. However I was not able to Que multiple videos at a time. And of course it would not show GPS. Is there any separate software that would show GPS data?

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Yes I was able to get registor viewer to show videos. However I was not able to Que multiple videos at a time. And of course it would not show GPS. Is there any separate software that would show GPS data?

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
None that I am aware of. Others have not had an issue with the Dashcam Viewer, so hopefully there is an easy fix.

VLC media player might work. Good on W8.1, W7, and XP. If the newest version doesn't behave well try an older version. MS video freeware is kind of cheesy for dashcams.

Phil

Do let the Dashcam Viewer developer know about the problem.

I just tested the app today and it works just fine on my Windows 10 machine.

Keeps stuttering on my Windows 10 laptop with the Anniversary update installed...though I didn't install in compatibility mode or anything like that. Not sure that it is fully optimised yet.

Dashcam viewer doesn't work withb1440p. I think problem is, that software doesn't pick up windows codec's, it uses its own internal. Therefore in doesn't play well also 1080p videos from A119.
However, I was playing around and export gps data in Dashcam Viewer and then load it in Registrator Viewer (Datakam) I'm order to achieve smooth video playing. Dashcam developer should reconsider to update his software. I did purchase software, but is useless.
My computer is i5, 8GB ram and SSD drive and plays all videos fine.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Dashcam viewer doesn't work withb1440p. I think problem is, that software doesn't pick up windows codec's, it uses its own internal. Therefore in doesn't play well also 1080p videos from A119.
However, I was playing around and export gps data in Dashcam Viewer and then load it in Registrator Viewer (Datakam) I'm order to achieve smooth video playing. Dashcam developer should reconsider to update his software. I did purchase software, but is useless.
My computer is i5, 8GB ram and SSD drive and plays all videos fine.

Not sure which codec it uses but I do have K-Lite Codec package installed and it works fine. So you may want to try installing https://www.codecguide.com/download_kl.htm

Not sure which codec it uses but I do have K-Lite Codec package installed and it works fine. So you may want to try installing https://www.codecguide.com/download_kl.htm
I did, but it looks like Dashcam Viewer ignore those codec's. I think I read that on their forum. It's pointless to buy high end computer just because of the Dashcam Viewer [emoji4]

I downloaded Dashcam Viewer, v 2.2.0, and all works fine on my machine, including showing speed, GPS position on map, etc.!

I downloaded Dashcam Viewer, v 2.2.0, and all works fine on my machine, including showing speed, GPS position on map, etc.!
I contacted author of the program and it looks you have to have high end computer for 1440p videos. Apparently my i5 is not good enough :) Registrator on the other hand plays video without problem, except GPS is not supported on A119...

I contacted author of the program and it looks you have to have high end computer for 1440p videos. Apparently my i5 is not good enough :) Registrator on the other hand plays video without problem, except GPS is not supported on A119...

OK, might make sense. I'm running Intel i7, 4790 CPU @ 3.60GHz, 24GB RAM, Windows 10 64-bit. I do a lot of photography so my computer is my digital darkroom, I need lots of power and memory for the large image files to post process with Adobe Photoshop and Lightroom.

Software concept is good, but it needs to be rewritten, at least the player part. Comparing to free Registrator it loads videos slow and it doesn't use system codecs . My team would fix that in a day or two :)

Comparing to free Registrator it loads videos slow and it doesn't use system codecs .

it's due to embedded GPS info, Registrator Viewer does that differently so can load very fast, for cameras with separate GPS folder Dashcam Viewer also loads fast so it works better for those models

I'm running an I7 with 24gb of ram and I still cannot load and run Dashcamviewer. It loads then quits. Is it going to be rewritten?

Back