A119 do not kip in memory day/date

doru3160

Reaction score
Country
Romania
Hi everyone,
after one week exploitation appeared first manifestation unwanted.
I set the day several times, but each time has not memorized. Time is kept, month and year are kept, only day not. I mean memorizes the moment, but in a short time lose the day. There was an episode in which not react to pressing any keys. Now he recovered. Files are recorded accurately, just like here we found problems with storing the resolution.I set the resolution in 1440 and after an hour, when we checked it was 1080. Little early for such events.
Does anyone have an idea of what happened?

Last edited:
inside the dashcam there is a capacitor,not batery,and even so, it should not store any other data. Except day, the other are stored correctly.For example today I set 10/11/2016, 4 times and all 4 times I found when I checked 7/11/2016 after a road stage.

Last edited:
With GPS and use it.Already worries me if I can not fix this. It is no longer usable for proof in case of accident.

Last edited:
inside the dashcam there is a capacitor,not batery,
the picture on link above shows 2 (green) capacitors, and a small round battery below the left capacitor. every motherboard on every computer used to have one, and if it's dead, you loose the date/time settings, or they reversed to the date set on the motherboard. if that battery doesn't hold any charge at all (dead) your manually set time holds until you turn off the camera, even for a minute. today some watches run on this kind of battery.

Last edited:
ok and how must resist such a battery on the motherboard? The dashcam is new, thinking and that the battery should be new ...
Can someone tell us how to be that battery voltage to know what to check

most likely it's new. may be it doesn't sit in its place well after a drop, for example.

With GPS and use it.Already worries me if I can not fix this. It is no longer usable for proof in case of accident.

check your timezone settings in the menu, you set the wrong date before, the GPS set it back to the correct date, that is not a problem

if you are not clear on the settings maybe ask @Mtz to explain, he's also Romanian and maybe easier for him to explain the settings for you

When I set incorrectly timezone, hour change. Time clock is maintained correctly now.

@doru3160 said "Time is kept, month and year are kept, only day not." the incorrect time zone setting would affect the time, not the day.

When I set incorrectly timezone, time change. Time clock is maintained correctly now.
But why did your resolution setting change to 1080p? You said you set it for 1440p and it changed by itself to 1080p, correct? Where you referring to one of the firmware updates that had the default resolution at 1080p?

@doru3160 said "Time is kept, month and year are kept, only day not." the incorrect time zone setting would affect the time, not the day.

as an example we get people setting the camera to +7 instead of -7 and having the date out by a day, depending on the time of day it's certainly possible for the day to be off

he did however set the date to the 10th and commented it changed to the 7th, considering it was the 7th that seems pretty appropriate behaviour from the camera

Now in our time is 1.20 at night. I parked my car at hour 21, and now I dvr battery powered, home. Date remains correct from what I see.So I do not think the battery from the motherboard its not good. Probably something to do with the operation of the car or gps,or perhaps I'm wrong settings somewhere...
Edit1-Setting morning was still valid - surely the battery from the motherboard does its job
Edit2-After a morning route this time was turned in 8 of 11. Clearly because of the setting, but do not know which gives me back three days.Resolution was kept this time.

Where you referring to one of the firmware updates that had the default resolution at 1080p?
Did not update FW,dvr is as came from factory.

Last edited:
inside the dashcam there is a capacitor,not batery,and even so, it should not store any other data. Except day, the other are stored correctly.For example today I set 10/11/2016, 4 times and all 4 times I found when I checked 7/11/2016 after a road stage.
But that is correct. If you use GPS, it will override your (incorrect manual settings) and set correct one :)

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

The settings were correct. The problem was the power supply. For reasons not yet known, voltage drop below the allowable and alter my data set.This happens only when coupled GPS was probably when consumption was higher than the existing power supply can deliver . I mounted power supply with a LM350K/5V/3A and now not there are problems.Source voltage before was capable of 5V / 1A, and has been ok so far. I can not use the original feeder for reasons not am important for the present discussion.
Anyway, thank those who helped me, now everything is ok.

Last edited:
I am also facing a similar issue. Mine is a production version with a non-gps mount. The camera keeps losing all my settings whenever I disconnect power. Most annoying part is that the Screen saver setting. In my current firmware (v2), default setting for Screen saver timeout is "Off". Even if I change it to 3 sec, it will get defaulted back to Off the next time I start the car. Also, when I change the resolution from default 1080p60 to 1440p, it stays there until I stop the car. The next time I start the car, it is again reverted back to the 1440p setting.

Is this because of a bug in the firmware? Or is there something wrong with the device itself?

Thanks for the quick response.

Yes. I did update both boot loader and firmware. Also verified that the version in the camera shows v2.0

the version number will still show the new details but not saving settings is something that has been reported as an issue if the loader update wasn't done, @viofo can probably advise you further

Back