A119 File Deleted instead of Locked?

Allen K

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi guys, I have an A119 from Spytek. I witnessed something that I wanted to keep. Pressed the ! button and instead of locking / saving the file, camera just deleted it. Filenames remaining on the 32Gb card have sequence ...558.mp4, ...559.mp4, ...560.mp4, ...562.mp4, and the 561 file that wanted to save is missing. There are no other dashcam-related files or folders on the card, so I have no clue where it could have gone. This is not a case of file corruption, since camera wasn't turned off...the file just disappeared. Has anyone else experienced this?

I haven't upgraded the firmware since I bought it, but it's been working perfectly until this.

Thanks in advance!

Allen K

Are you sure there is no RO folder? That is where it would have been saved.

Are you sure there is no RO folder? That is where it would have been saved.

Yes... I just went for a drive and pressed the ! button again. The RO folder appeared, but the first file that I actually wanted to save is gone :(

Yes... I just went for a drive and pressed the ! button again. The RO folder appeared, but the first file that I actually wanted to save is gone :(
That's odd. Not sure why that would have occurred.

what kind of memory card are you using, and have you tested it with h2testw to make sure it's not corrupt or dying?

Just a standard Samsung 32 Gb class 10 microSD. It seems to work fine otherwise. Hopefully just a fluke, but I'll test it if it happens again. Thanks!

Back