Change log:

1. Added: New option to enable or disable beep/startup sound
2. Added: Support Image Rotation
3. Added: 100ms option for time-lapse recording
4. Added: Romania and Polish language
5. Added: 3s option for screen save
6. Improved: Improve sensitive for G-sensor
7. Updated: 50Hz for PAL, 60Hz for NTSC
8. Fixed: Recording issue in 1080P 60FPS mode 10mins cycle option with 64GB card
9. Fixed: Can not back to menu after delete all files in playback mode
10. Fixed: No delete and lock icon for photo
11. Fixed: Can not back to recording in time-lapse recording mode while pressed the emergency mode

Download link:
www.viofo.com/download/firmware/A119/VIOFO_A119_FW_V2.0.zip

Please upgrade the loader first, then upgrade the new firmware.

Thanks @viofo for the new FW for A119. And thanks to @Mtz for the Romanian translation of the camera menu!
I've noticed that now the default video resolution is 1920 x 1080 @ 60fps.

Last edited:
Thanks @viofo for the new FW for A119. And thanks to @Mtz for the Romanian translation of the camera menu!
I've noticed that now the default video resolution is 1920 x 1080 @ 60fps.

maybe it's a bug, because the default video resolution should be the native resolution ( 2560x1440P 30fps )

Yes, I did reset to defaults after updating the FW. I also update to the latest FW using the instructions from the zip file. It is nothing, I only mentioned it since I always had to change myself to 1920 x 1080 @ 60fps after updating to previous FWs.

it seems that there are two kind of firmware : a loader ( LDBA119.bin ) and the firmware himself ( FWBA119.bin ), and we have to update first the loader part,

here are my comment ( in bold ) of the official update instruction file :

1. Format the card by camera or on computer as FAT32 ( optional step ? I don't understand why we need to format the sd card if it's already formated )
2. Insert card in camera and connect it to computer using USB cable.
3. Copy just the LDBA119.bin on the root of the card
4. After LDBA119.bin is copied to the card disconnect the camera from computer
5. Reconnect the camera to your computer and wait few seconds until you saw Mass Storage on LCD screen.
6. Delete LDBA119.bin from the card using your PC and copy the FWBA119.bin file on the root of the card
7. Reconnect the camera to your computer and wait more seconds until you can chose Mass Storage from camera menu, the front LED will be blinking while upgrading. After upgrade successfully, the FWBA119.bin will be automatically deleted by the camera.
8. Now you can disconnect the camera from PC and enjoy new A119 implementations.

For sure people which already upgraded firmwares before will not format the camera. But that advice is for people which dont know too many things about computer.
Also formatting once a month the card is a good thing so if Viofo will release one firmware a month and we will follow the instructions will have a good card.

Loader upgrade is needed sometimes when Novatek is releasing new SDK.

I was expecting the 1440p bitrate to be increased a little.

enjoy,
Mtz

Has anyone who installed the loader and new firmware have the issue I'm having? After following all the instructions and putting the dash cam back in my car, I cannot access the Menu. When I click the Menu button, a camera icon appears on the screen. I assume it's taking a photo?

At this moment, I cannot access the Menu. Should I redo the loader and firmware process to see if that fixes it?

Stop the recording first. The recording is stopped when LED is blinking and you hear two short beeps.

enjoy,
Mtz

Stop the recording first. The recording is stopped when LED is blinking and you hear two short beeps.

enjoy,
Mtz

OH, what an idiot! :)
The only other time I accessed the menu was when I setup the dash cam without a card inserted.

Thanks for clearing that up.

Did you reset defaults after updating?

I didn't reset to the default settings and mine too, were all defaulted (not just the resolution, but others in the Menu as well). Not a big deal as there are only a few to change for me. Is updating the firmware not supposed to default the settings?

Also formatting once a month the card is a good thing
it depends. should be like 3 (or more) card overwrites. if my cameras record for 10-12 hours a day (128gb fill up) then once / twice a week format would be (maybe) OK. if it takes 3-4 days for your card to fill up then once / twice a month format would be OK. (that's just a guide (guess) lines)

I was expecting the 1440p bitrate to be increased a little.
to ...lets say 1441p? :)

i guess you update the camera with the "loader update" first, then with a "firmware update". like 2 step process.

Reactions: cpo

What is that? "upgrade the loader "?... and how do you do it?

A .txt document listing the instructions are included in the ZIP file. Also, @Curtis54 posted the instruction in this thread (scroll up).

I didn't reset to the default settings and mine too, were all defaulted (not just the resolution, but others in the Menu as well). Not a big deal as there are only a few to change for me. Is updating the firmware not supposed to default the settings?
It should default the settings to the new firmware defaults. However, Viofo has said you should still default the settings after updating.

i guess you update the camera with the "loader update" first, then with a "firmware update". like 2 step process.
if you've ever flashed a custom rom on an android phone, think of it this way: the loader is equivalent to upgrading your Recovery. then the main bin file is the equivalent of the custom OS/ROM/System. you don't always have to update your loader/recovery when flashing a firmware/ROM, but some firmwares/ROMs require an updated loader/recovery.

perhaps another analogy might be on a PC - you can upgrade to a new BIOS (loader), and then install a new OS(bin/firmware) like Linux or Win10. Upgrading the OS doesn't always require a new BIOS/loader.

1. Format the card by camera or on computer as FAT32 ( optional step ? I don't understand why we need to format the sd card if it's already formated )

I think they are referring to the format type. Many cards may be formatted to NTFS or exFAT, depending on their size. They are just advising that it needs to be changed to FAT32 if required and that formatting keeps the card healthy.

Back