A119 Firmware

Could you please stop using this thread to discuss about video formats?

I don't understand it either ... only it is a firmware thread, so it lends itself to the technical jargon for those into it.
Feel free to add any other firmware questions ... and there are plenty of threads for other stuff that you may be interested in

ps. The upside for having the technical minded around - is that there's someone more knowledgable to help the rest of us out when we need it ... which is good (y)

All threads here get side-tracked. It happens, and there's no point in griping about it. It will get back to the OP's intent when it happens, and until then at least the thread and the topic isn't collecting dust!

Phil

How do I get the most recent fw onto the camera?

Yeah, thats part of the problem. My laptop downloads it and makes it a Kodi file and I can't do anything with it.
Not sure what it's supposed to be.

and if in a minute you will not get your camera recording with a new firmware and before you do anything else come back here to get more help.
smile3.gif

Yeah, thats part of the problem. My laptop downloads it and makes it a Kodi file and I can't do anything with it.
Not sure what it's supposed to be.
what's the name of the file?

Right...

Somewhere along the line, you installed Kodi on that machine and it associated the file extension ".bin" to itself. Now, Windows believes that any file that has that extension would be one to give to Kodi to handle. All you want to do, though, is to copy it to a memory card. So, right click, copy. Open the folder for the memory card and right click, paste.

"FWBA119"

bOymcL5l.jpg

like @jokiin said => copy the file onto SD card, power up the camera from a wall / phone charger (recommended) and watch the Power and Led lights blinking for a minute.
you may want first to select the check box "Unblock" in a file properties. this file is not to open on a computer but to copy to a SD card.

Ok well after doing all these suggestions I fnally got it up to 4.01 on the camera.

Thanks for the help.

Is there a list of changes from 3.91-->4.01?

I guess it's this.

Change log:
  1. SDK Updated to the latest
  2. WDR performance improved
  3. Support .TS video format

That's all they have published.

Why it is not of any use and not needed and just takes memory space. There are many other features that would be of use such as the option for sharpness level. You seem to have an obsession about HDR which offer no advantage on the A119.

Why it is not of any use and not needed and just takes memory space. There are many other features that would be of use such as the option for sharpness level. You seem to have an obsession about HDR which offer no advantage on the A119.

what about license plates? you got them driving at night? i bet you do, with your sharpness level.. what about hit and run situation? do you think about that? its not 'my liking' for hdr.. why ever1 keeps thinking that? every1 who sees my recordings is asking about my dash cam. because they like what it offers. at nite mate. at night :) wanna make some money mate? i WILL pay you if you add HDR to the newest firmware. how much do you want?

Back