A119 Firmware

HDR that works is not going to happen just because you want it. You are the only one who wants it explain why it "works" for you but not for everyone else.

HDR that works is not going to happen just because you want it. You are the only one who wants it explain why it "works" for you but not for everyone else.

the only one? maan u trippin or wat? you are talking about few people. there are always the same guys who post here. i can count them on my fingers. i was referring to people i know in real life. dozens of them and even more.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1hp1vw-YvyGDz_ECkVJnNyKjYS5k7PnIZ

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1xMTHN9BbFVYANXahfHz3qV3K0Y76GbPj

Attachments

• A119_MOD27HDR.mp4_snapshot_04.39.jpg
    A119_MOD27HDR.mp4_snapshot_04.39.jpg
    177.5 KB · Views: 86
  • A119S_MOD-6Vh.mp4_snapshot_04.31.jpg
    A119S_MOD-6Vh.mp4_snapshot_04.31.jpg
    769.3 KB · Views: 81
You need to stop being rude and get in to the real world. You obviously Know nothing about the technicalities of video. If you do not like the A119 go and spend several hundred dollars on some another make and get the same results. Please stop asking for something your not going to get. You could also drive slower then the plates would not look so blurred.

Last edited by a moderator:
Now I will excuse myself in front of all the members here for beeing rude,but @beyoundthesun : Please clean your fukking windscreen!!!(inside your car)After that you will have way better image,even without your HDR!And please learn something about Video cameras and video capture,after that you can teach somebody here something(maybe).But untill than,keep your remarks for yourself,and if not,you are free to leave this forum,nobody invited you.And by the way,you can also buy another dashcam,nobody will be hurt because nobody gives a sheet on your opinion.Just my 2 cents!!

Last edited:
You need to stop being rude and get in to the real world. You obviously Know nothing about the technicalities of video. Your nothing but a TROLL. If you do not like the A119 go and spend several hundred dollars on some another make and get the same results. Please stop asking for something your not going to get. You could also drive slower then the plates would not look so blurred.

you were reported for calling me a troll. do you have problems with understanding things? i wasnt saying i didnt like A119!! I was just saying It would be great to have HDR in newest firmware. And then some people attacked me like jokiin.. if you cant contribute - just forget my question. you do not have to answer me if youre gonn act so rude :/ eot.

you were reported for calling me a troll. do you have problems with understanding things? i wasnt saying i didnt like A119!! I was just saying It would be great to have HDR in newest firmware. And then some people attacked me like jokiin.. if you cant contribute - just forget my question. you do not have to answer me if youre gonn act so rude :/ eot.

I never attacked you, you misunderstood a comment and took it to be aimed at you, it wasn't, getting tired of explaining that

beyondthesun
You need a better command of English to join an English only forum it is only to easy to foul up due to a poor translation and lack of politeness. Your attitude as appeared to be aggressive and demanding to the extent of seeming rude and troll like.

beyondthesun
You need a better command of English to join an English only forum it is only to easy to foul up due to a poor translation and lack of politeness. Your attitude as appeared to be aggressive and demanding to the extent of seeming rude and troll like.

we get a lot of members from all over the place and I put a lot down to communication issues, I don't take anything personally as I'm sure some of it has to do with the language barrier, we may take it for granted but English is not the easiest language, meaning and intent is easily misunderstood

Last edited:
we get a lot of members from all over the place and I put a lot down to communication issues, I don't take anything personally as I'm sure some of it has to do with the language barrier, we may take it for granted by English is not the easiest language, meaning and intent is easily misunderstood
Yeah even us English sometime find the English language confusing. Using the wrong word that seams to have the same meaning can cause a complete misunderstanding. The political goings on in the UK is a prime example.

we get a lot of members from all over the place and I put a lot down to communication issues, I don't take anything personally as I'm sure some of it has to do with the language barrier, we may take it for granted by English is not the easiest language, meaning and intent is easily misunderstood

I feel sorry for You. I truly am. *youve been reported*. Bye spammer.

edit: by the way: how can i start ignoring jokiin? it does seem he has no such button next to his nick ;/
edit2: ohh and jokiin'. karma's b.... . it does come back :) happy life to you. the only ones who are trolling is you and th\at other guy who is on my ignore list - tra(k)tor.

Last edited:
Feeding a troll is just like feeding a stray animal. It will keep coming back for more. So don't feed the stray troll. Instead, click their username then click the ignore button (at least that's how it shows up on my phone -may be different on a computer). Problem solved.

Please note that I did not name names, so that you can decide who to block on your own. Just trying to be a neutral arbiter and keep this thread on topic.

. I have no issues using TS except in a possible situation when I am in a fender bender and while at the police station they couldnt view my file.
VLC should solve the problem. You can install it on the phone too.
wryliewhiley
As Jokiin said there is an option in the menu to change between MP4 and TS. The main advantage of using TS is that the video is in it's native form before it is encoded to MP4. TS files do not rely on the capacitors and will record even when they fail. Disadvantage I have yet to find software that will use GPS embedded info in the video. This only a problem if you have and use the GPS unit.
TS files are likely to be intact after a major incident, if the dashcam was damaged in the event, whereas MP4 may be incomplete due disrupted encoding.
So .TS files also contain GPS data but there is no PC software to read it, right? A bummer!

Last edited:
Yeah..TS files are of a limited support, at the moment forget about any chance of using GPS data with it.
Another viewer that I would recommend is KODI is as got bad press by people using it for illegal streaming movies. As a media player it is very good and will play most types files and in a continuous stream. I use it on my PC and on my android TV, it can play 4K and pass through the audio if required. It also allows most USB device to be recognised including Viofo hardware. Don't be put off by it's reputation it is not KODI fault it's the people streaming, it as a lot to offer for even photo and music. It's worth a look. Recommend V 17.6. v18 is not yet ready for release.

Yeah..TS files are of a limited support, at the moment forget about any chance of using GPS data with it.
Another viewer that I would recommend is KODI is as got bad press by people using it for illegal streaming movies. As a media player it is very good and will play most types files and in a continuous stream. I use it on my PC and on my android TV, it can play 4K and pass through the audio if required. It also allows most USB device to be recognised including Viofo hardware. Don't be put off by it's reputation it is not KODI fault it's the people streaming, it as a lot to offer for even photo and music. It's worth a look. Recommend V 17.6. v18 is not yet ready for release.
Thanks. I didn't know that.
I am familiar with KODI project since it was XBMC. I am using Linux 99% of the time.

Can I confirm with you guys, the correct firmware for A119 is V4.01?

V4.01 is the current Viofo release. There are mods if you so chose. They can be found by following the MODS thread in the A119 forum.

Is the 4.01, and mods, applicable for the A119 V1 and V2 ?

Yes, V1 and V2 are basically the same. Just the GPS connection design is different. Same firmware for both.
@CaptureYourAction @viofo @OCD Tronic - Is it still possible to get an a119 v2 conversion kit? My v1 mount finally started acting up so I had to plug power into the side of the camera instead of the mount. The GPS is flaky but at least the camera itself works.

If it's cheap, I'd like to get 2 kits. The second one would hopefully allow me to add GPS to my old pre-production a119 that doesn't have GPS contacts at all.

Last edited:
Back