A119 Firmware

Hi All,

I have a Viofo A119 with GPS which is about a month old. I have a strange issue, the camera suddenly displayed memory error.
After contacting support, i was told to re-flash the firmware 2.0 and reset the settings.

I tried that and it worked for a couple of hours before it again threw the same error. I have done this multiple times and each time camera starts working after firmware flash for a couple of hours.

I tried contacting Viofo support, but strangely no one is reverting for more than 10 days now.

Can someone help?

View attachment 29222

Below are some more details:
- I am using 32GB class 10 card
- i have hardwired the camera using a 12v accessories socket and by taking power directly from the fuse box. Which means i am plugging in the cable which came in the box into the new 12v socket and everything is tied under the dashboard, thus keeping my car's original 12v socket free. I am using the below socket under the dashboard.
View attachment 29223
View attachment 29223

Finally, the issue got resolved with the new card - Samsung 32Gb Evo+ Thanks for all help here!

However, there is another issue now. Since i have the gps module with the camera, the power is supplied to the gps module and camera clips on to it.
I have noticed that the camera screen keeps flickering and i also saw that the camera keeps restarting on its own. To me it looks like some lose connection between the camera and gps module. I also saw that the camera recordings get corrupt due to the frequent restarting of camera.

I tried taking out the camera from the gps mount and re inserted it and ensured it is locked properly, still same issue.

After this, i connected the power to the camera port directly and not the gps mount. Now, it works fine in this manner. Kindly help me how can i solve this issue? Is it the GPS module that is faulty or can it be the connectors on the camera itself?

Have a look at the state of all the pins on the GPS module.

Have a look at the state of all the pins on the GPS module.

The pins look ok to me and so do the contact points on the camera.

I feel the camera does not sit firmly on the mount and feels little lose.

Yeah the pins can be the issue. I had one pin missing and the GPS module was not working. Everything else worked. I got a new GPS module and now the GPS works :) I got my camera from Gearbest.

Finally, the issue got resolved with the new card - Samsung 32Gb Evo+ Thanks for all help here!

However, there is another issue now. Since i have the gps module with the camera, the power is supplied to the gps module and camera clips on to it.
I have noticed that the camera screen keeps flickering and i also saw that the camera keeps restarting on its own. To me it looks like some lose connection between the camera and gps module. I also saw that the camera recordings get corrupt due to the frequent restarting of camera.

I tried taking out the camera from the gps mount and re inserted it and ensured it is locked properly, still same issue.

After this, i connected the power to the camera port directly and not the gps mount. Now, it works fine in this manner. Kindly help me how can i solve this issue? Is it the GPS module that is faulty or can it be the connectors on the camera itself?
Can this be a power issue? Are the 2 usb ports on the car charger supplying different power? The aliexpress seller asking me to try 2Amp port.. There is no marking on the charger, how do i find out which is 2Amp?

Yeah the pins can be the issue. I had one pin missing and the GPS module was not working. Everything else worked. I got a new GPS module and now the GPS works :) I got my camera from Gearbest.
Thankfully, GPS still works even when i connect power directly to the camera(keeping the camera mounted on the gps module.

after the update I can not save any of the settings.
After i power off the device all the settings go back to default....wtf

after the update I can not save any of the settings.
After i power off the device all the settings go back to default....wtf
Did you default your settings in the menu after the update?
Also, remember to press the "OK" button (! Button) after changing each setting.

Can we please have Improved Parking Mode function in next Firmware Release?
If there is 5 minute inactivity with G-sensor then motion detection recording will be enabled ?
thank you.

- plug the dashcam in mains with a USB phone charger ( 5 volts, 1A )
It is right!
I updated the firmware according to the guide from site VIOFO.
After updating the settings are not saved when the power is turned off.
My dashcam resets all settings to default after power off.
When I updated the firmware and connected the dashcam to the charger (5V not less than 1A) , everything started working correctly !
NOT reconnect the dashcam to your PC !!!
After copy the FWBA119.bin file on the root of the card, disconnect camera from PC and connect the camera to the phone charger 5V not less than 1A and wait more seconds until you can chose Mass Storage from camera menu, the front red LED will be blinking while upgrading.
The USB port in the PC has a maximum current of 0.5 A.
Probably, this is not enough for a correct firmware

A119 V2.0 Firmware.
Change log:
Hello! Please, add new functions for file protected.

"Lock the file being recorded" - problem and an offer to improve!
Often, when an important event occurs, you want to protect the corresponding file from being overwritten!
To do this, you will press the button "lock the file being recorded"!.

But each time the question arises: What did you protect against overwriting?
Is this a file that contains the time you need?
Or the DVR has already started recording the next file?

Thus, there is always a possibility that you have protected a file you do not need, and protected the next file, after it.
So, every time you need to check - what exactly you have protected!?
This is inconvenient, and sometimes inappropriate!

Suggestion: May be you consider adding a feature when not only the current file but also the file in front of it is protected when clicking the "lock file from overwrite" button!

What do you think about it?
Thank you in advance!

Last edited:
Yep.
The previous segment of time just finished and a new segment is starting. A couple of seconds into the new segment, something occurs that I need to ensure doesn't get looped over. What about the previous 15-60 seconds of time leading up to it? Previous file.
But for half a year there is no result! This is a very poor technical support. o_O
...so long ...so bad

Last edited:
Yep.

But for half a year there is no result! This is a very poor technical support. o_O
...so long ...so bad

You're a bit misguided.

Technical Support is for what is supposed to work but doesn't. This is an RFE or Request For Enhancement. It's totally different.

You're a bit misguided.

Technical Support is for what is supposed to work but doesn't. This is an RFE or Request For Enhancement. It's totally different.
I do not argue)) yes, you're right, there is some... language divide ;)

The main goal of the DVR: is to record and save events for subsequent proofs and solving important issues.
It is necessary to do everything to ensure that the device fully provides this main function.
However, if users have a reasonable request for product improvement, they should receive replies from the manufacturer.

Dialogue is always good))
You make product - I use.
You listen me and make changes - I continue to use your products.
All are happy and it's good! :)

PS Let's make the world better!? :D

PS2
Ambiguity and warranty is exactly as described unless otherwise
We do not file a lawsuit, we just talk)) ;)))

Last edited:
What about a dashcam with satnav for the next product with wireless steering wheel remote. Sorry if this is in the wrong section please can you move this into the correct section thanks mods.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Hello this is my first post and hope someone can clarify/confirm please..I have read all the above posts on firmware updates on A119 and never having done it before just want re-assurance please. A119 with current firmware 2.01.... is it fine to place my formatted 32GB transcend card with card reader into my computer (windows 7) and then cut and paste the new firmware 2.02 FWBA bin file from the official Viafo web site to the SD card (I take it this means the "root" of the card?) and then once copied place it into the A119 camera and then switch the camera on and it should update OK before then resetting default settings on camera? Sorry if this is obvious to experienced firmware updaters but having never done it before just looking for assurance please. Thanks..

Hello this is my first post and hope someone can clarify/confirm please..I have read all the above posts on firmware updates on A119 and never having done it before just want re-assurance please. A119 with current firmware 2.01.... is it fine to place my formatted 32GB transcend card with card reader into my computer (windows 7) and then cut and paste the new firmware 2.02 FWBA bin file from the official Viafo web site to the SD card (I take it this means the "root" of the card?) and then once copied place it into the A119 camera and then switch the camera on and it should update OK before then resetting default settings on camera? Sorry if this is obvious to experienced firmware updaters but having never done it before just looking for assurance please. Thanks..
Yes, sounds right. Just to clarify, you need to reset defaults manually. It's not automatic.

1. the SD card should have a Fat32 file system, so first format the card in the camera, then copy a .bin file to SD card, then put SD card in the camera, and power up the camera off a wall / phone charger to initiate the update process.
2. default the settings after you update the firmware, and don't forget after resetting to a default to configure the settings to your like.
3. :)

Thank you both for your prompt replies to my query...much appreciated....

Back