A119 Glitched screen can't fix

Zasheus

Reaction score
Country
New Zealand
I recently bought the Viofo A119 about a month ago, and all of a sudden, the screen has glitched and every function doesn't work. I've searched it up and everyone has said to update the firmware, I have done so and know that it was successfully updated as after I updated it, I managed to get into the menu to see the version. However, it still didn't fix the screen, and after unplugging and replugging the screen doesn't work again. Is there anything else I can do? Or is it a dead camera.
Thanks.

(Picture isn't mine but looks exactly the same)

Attachments

• IMG_20170725_192721.jpg
    IMG_20170725_192721.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 39
it might be a cable issue rather than a firmware problem, maybe check with the seller if they're ok with you opening it up and reseating the cable for the display, it might sort things out

where did you buy it from?

Some users feedback that just reset the settings on the camera to solve the issue.

After you flashed the firmware did you go to Default Setting in the menu?

After you flashed the firmware did you go to Default Setting in the menu?

This usually fixes this issue and is an easily overlooked but important step when updating the firmware in the A119 cams ;)

Phil

Have seen the exact same glitch with the A119S.

Remove the SD card and reboot, it'll reboot to the same glitched screen but the settings menu becomes accessible. Resetting to defaults brings things back to normal.

Maybe a hardware issue or something getting tripped by the hardware in question, but for some reason resetting to defaults or a firmware reload does the trick.

I had same issue. I ended up returning and was sent a replacement. So far the exchanged dash cam has had no problems. OCDTronic has very good support, assuming you bought it from them.

Back