A119 GPS - Buzz each second

RoadRunner77

Reaction score
Country
France
Hello all,

I received my A119 GPS here in France yesterday, i mounted it today with an hardwire kit on my car and after 1h30 test i love it.
However, while viewing videos, i noticed that when my camera is recording with the GPS mount (not the other), there is a beep each second in the video.
Video from my camera for demonstration:

At first I thought it was because i was underground and the GPS can't connect, but when i was outside it did the same.

Is it normal ?

Thank's in advance.

Have you tried powering the camera using the miniUSB port on the camera itself? Also, does it do this with the engine of too?

Someone heard beep in that video? I have not managed to hear.

We set the maximum output of the amplifier and output PC ...only noise.Probably my equipment not play accurate .

Last edited:
Old Novatek cameras had a beep at each second when power was not enough. Try with another chargers.

enjoy,
Mtz

Is it normal ?
That is louder than normal, but it is nothing to worry about, most dashcams make some sounds like this.
you need to turn the sound right up, just a faint noise in the background each second
I had to pause the TV, but could hear it clearly without turning the volume up from normal TV volume.

Reactions: Mtz
Just received my A119 and I'm also having the same noise sound with my recordings using the GPS mount. When its mounted on the GPS, it won't make a difference when plugged into the side of the camera.
However, there is no noise when using the camera without GPS.

Firmware I'm using is the production firmware A119.160829.V1.1.

no other reports of this
https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threa...feature-requests-and-bug-reports.20403/page-9

The person having this issue from the bug reports thread said that turning the ''Button Beeps'' in the menu settings to ''Off'' would fix this. I have yet to try this out myself tomorrow and will let you know if it worked.

But since there are less reports of this, maybe you can try it out yourself to turn off the button beeps using the GPS mount.

Just received my A119 and I'm also having the same noise sound with my recordings using the GPS mount. When its mounted on the GPS, it won't make a difference when plugged into the side of the camera.
However, there is no noise when using the camera without GPS.

Firmware I'm using is the production firmware A119.160829.V1.1.

https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threa...feature-requests-and-bug-reports.20403/page-9

The person having this issue from the bug reports thread said that turning the ''Button Beeps'' in the menu settings to ''Off'' would fix this. I have yet to try this out myself tomorrow and will let you know if it worked.

But since there are less reports of this, maybe you can try it out yourself to turn off the button beeps using the GPS mount.
Your also running the first firmware version. Try updating to the latest version.

I can't hear the same noise in that video, maybe because the background radio is too loud, even in the original one about I had to turn it right up to hear it, note someone in the other thread said the noise was gone if beeps were turned on, how is yours set?

Your also running the first firmware version. Try updating to the latest version.
Yes I'll update it tomorrow and test again. Do I update to the latest firmware available on the Viofo website or do I use the latest beta from the firmware thread here?

I can't hear the same noise in that video, maybe because the background radio is too loud, even in the original one about I had to turn it right up to hear it, note someone in the other thread said the noise was gone if beeps were turned on, how is yours set?
Yeah it's easily missed with other sounds in the video. This one is a better example, just the first 20 seconds or so, then music will be loud again.
Mine is also set to have the beeps off, that was the only setting I changed from the default factory setting (default is set to On).

have you tried it with beeps on?
Not yet. I will test it with beeps on tomorrow. If that fixes it then I'll try it again with the latest firmware to see if it was firmware related.

Not yet. I will test it with beeps on tomorrow. If that fixes it then I'll try it again with the latest firmware to see if it was firmware related.
if the buzz is only there when beeps are off then it should be something that can be fixed in firmware

Yes I'll update it tomorrow and test again. Do I update to the latest firmware available on the Viofo website or do I use the latest beta from the firmware thread here?
I'd update to the latest here.

if the buzz is only there when beeps are off then it should be something that can be fixed in firmware
That is great to hear. I just found out the firmware I'm using is the latest available on the Viofo website. So, I should be using the latest beta firmware I assume?

just try it with beeps on and see if you get the noise, easy to test
It is late at night here and I'm about to go to bed ;)

As I said, I'll be doing that tomorrow. And honestly this is my first dashcam and I'm afraid of using beta firmware when the latest production firmware was intended to be the most stable one. So I'll definitely be testing the beep settings first. I'll post an update tomorrow.

Edit:
Setting the menu beeps back to On fixes the noise issue for me.
I'll keep it on as it nice to know when and if the dashcam turns on as well as when it isn't recording. So for me, this is solved. Still I'm going to check the firmware thread to get some more knowledge about the beta versions!

Last edited:
Back