A119 high res pcb pics needed!

Nghtrdr

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Hi everyone,
I have a v1 a119 that the Mic died on last year. I just got a a119 v3 to replace it. I decided to take it apart to use it in my summer driver. I was thinking maybe a cap failed and leaked. My assumption was right but it was both and they leaked. This caused damage to the board around the mic. There are some smd resistors and such there but i have no idea what connects to what to install some jumpers. If anyone has some high res pics of this area clearly showing the pcb with the cap out of the way I would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Here is a pic showing the damage

Attachments

• 20200213_032848.jpg
    20200213_032848.jpg
    364.3 KB · Views: 62
Have you tried cleaning both sides of the pcb with alcohol and then replacing the capacitor?

From the pic there doesn’t look there is any other damage?

Hi everyone,
I have a v1 a119 that the Mic died on last year. I just got a a119 v3 to replace it. I decided to take it apart to use it in my summer driver. I was thinking maybe a cap failed and leaked. My assumption was right but it was both and they leaked. This caused damage to the board around the mic. There are some smd resistors and such there but i have no idea what connects to what to install some jumpers. If anyone has some high res pics of this area clearly showing the pcb with the cap out of the way I would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks
Have both capacitors burst? Seems unlikely that both would vent... Pics?

Might be worth just trying a different mic in case that got damaged. if the fault is in the middle layers of the PCB then I don't think you have much chance of sorting it, but if it is just the visible top layer then the visible damage doesn't look like it would cause a problem.

Have you tried cleaning both sides of the pcb with alcohol and then replacing the capacitor?

From the pic there doesn’t look there is any other damage?

If you look close you can see that a section of trace is gone right down to the board. It would be the copper/brown color section in centre of the pic.

Have both capacitors burst? Seems unlikely that both would vent... Pics?

Might be worth just trying a different mic in case that got damaged. if the fault is in the middle layers of the PCB then I don't think you have much chance of sorting it, but if it is just the visible top layer then the visible damage doesn't look like it would cause a problem.

Both vented and both leaked. Only one cause damage though and yes its only the top layer damaged. Its definitely not the Mic at fault. There is a whole section there of the trace gone.

Wow so that brown stuff isn’t just some sort of residue, that’s eaten into the pcb? I’d still give it a clean with alcohol to see if you can then see anything like tracks. If you can then it might be a case of being able to bridge over tracks that have been eaten through.

Wow so that brown stuff isn’t just some sort of residue, that’s eaten into the pcb? I’d still give it a clean with alcohol to see if you can then see anything like tracks. If you can then it might be a case of being able to bridge over tracks that have been eaten through.

Yes, that's the area that's damaged, yes it's already been cleaned and yes I can repair it with some jumpers once I know the board layout. There is one resistor and one cap that I can't tell if they connect to the same plane or not. This is the reason for my request for pics of the area. A good pic will show me the traces

Out with the old and in with the new! Nice new super caps installed. I didnt bother with the mic. Figured since it's going into a convertible that has a loud exhaust it wasnt worth it. I do however appreciate the help.20200224_163905.jpg

Back