A119 issue

Isalopek

Reaction score
Country
Croatia
Hi, ive bought new a119 +gps mount dashcam. Using power adapter that came with it. Sdcard is adata 32 gb 10class (checked for errors, but all ok) but often ot stopped recording, lcd goes on, no sound alert and i see that is not recording. In forst it was ok, but after 15 days start to do this issue. It start recording again when car is off/on or if i put sdcard out and then again in. Where can be problem

Tnx in advace

Try plugging the power lead directly into the camera instead of the GPS mount and see if it still plays up

Card is formated in camera....ive ordwr lexas x633 sdcard...and need to try without gps

Also try using a different power cable, the one that comes with the camera is poorly made and fell apart quickly. I've had good luck with the manufacturer, Monoprice available through their website or Amazon– quite reasonably priced.

Their cable is very good quality... i tried with hardwire bit problem the same

I tried without gps but still the same, it suddnely stop recording, lcd on, and after 15 sec off( i put it that on screen saver). Tried it with original power suply and hardwire kit. Any other suggeation?
Tnx

Transcend 32 GB MicroSDHC Class 10 UHS-I/U3 Memory Card with Adapter 95 Mb/s. U should use a good memory card, not below Class 10 UHS-I/U3. U can take the camera and cable from the car and plug it into a USB wall plug and work the camera from home, u can also go thru the memory. Will not work connected to a computer all u will get is memory screen.

Ive order allready lexar 32gb x633....hope it is gonna be good :)

Ive order allready lexar 32gb x633....hope it is gonna be good :)
I bought three of Lexar x633 cards, one crashed within a day or two and was returned to Amazon for refund, another took about six weeks to die and was replaced by the company– although it took three weeks to get it. The third one is still working, hopefully. The replacement is still working also. Many people have given this a good rating, so perhaps I'm just unlucky. The fortunate thing is, if the memory card is not working in the A119 you will get an error sound–wooshing–every ~25 seconds that alerts you to the malfunction. I always carry an extra card in the car for just such problems.

Last edited:
Well..everyone recommend it, exept transcend...so we shall see. I dont see where can problem else can be?

I bought three of Lexar x633 cards, one crashed within a day or two and was returned to Amazon for refund, another took about six weeks to die and was replaced by the company– although it took three weeks to get it. The third one is still working, hopefully. The replacement is still working also. Many people have given this a good rating, so perhaps I'm just unlucky. The fortunate thing is, if the memory card is not working in the A119 you will get an error sound–wooshing–every ~25 seconds that alerts you to the malfunction. I always carry an extra card in the car for just such problems.
I purchased the Lexar x633 U3 and it was SDXC, it did not copy. SDHC works fine. Might help?

I don't know that much about these cards, but I thought the SDHC capacities range from 4GB to 32GB and the SDXC capacities range from 64GB to 2TB. Since my cards were 64GB, they were all SDXC and required formatting with exFAT. I was not aware that you have a choice of how to format these cards.

I'm not sure but I thought the format has to be Fat 32. jokiin seems the best to know about this.

Thanks, but my Lexar X633 SDXC I-3 64GB Micro will not run on the A119, after format in the unit. No video.

Try a different card, there has been more than a few reports of issues recently with Lexar cards in the larger sizes

Since my cards were 64GB, they were all SDXC and required formatting with exFAT.
required by what?! :eek:
in general you can format a hard drive or SD card of any size to Fat32 and A119 writes only to SD card formatted to a Fat32 file system, so you can access your SD card on a PC or Mac.
if you use a Windows OS, you can use any of these utilities to format SD card on your PC to a Fat32. I personally use this one on Windows XP. :)

Back