A119 LCD flicking & restarting

JTBY

Reaction score
Country
Singapore
Dash Cam
Viofo A119 Viofo A119S Iroad Q9 VAVA Dashcam
Got my A119 in mid Oct 2016 and just today started to have some issues surfacing.

First issue, my A119 has been restarting by itself quite a few times be it when my engine is running or not running.

Second issue, LCD screen is flicking non stop. Its better when i push it down on the gps mount.

I have tried connecting the power cable directly to the camera unit itself and it seems more stable. At least no restarting issue for the time being.

How do i determine if its the gps mount that is giving me problem?

Got my A119 in mid Oct 2016 and just today started to have some issues surfacing.

First issue, my A119 has been restarting by itself quite a few times be it when my engine is running or not running.

Second issue, LCD screen is flicking non stop. Its better when i push it down on the gps mount.

I have tried connecting the power cable directly to the camera unit itself and it seems more stable. At least no restarting issue for the time being.

When you say the camera is more stable when connected via the port on the camera, are all your issues gone or not? No restarts, but does the screen still flicker? Are all the pins on the GPS mount up (non stuck down)?

This happens to me too. The flickering I believe has to do with the GPS mount being loose, second the restarting (if yours is hardwired) is most likely because your ground terminal came loose.

Here is a similar experience. To check GPS, try removing the A119 from GPS mount and plug your car power into the A119 side power port and see if symptoms are still there or not.

When you say the camera is more stable when connected via the port on the camera, are all your issues gone or not? No restarts, but does the screen still flicker? Are all the pins on the GPS mount up (non stuck down)?

Up till this morning, powering up thru the camera usb port seems to have eliminated the two issues. I'll continue to monitor for a while.

Are you using the original cigarette adapter and USB cable that came with it? Some cheap hard wire kits can cause this issue.

Yeah i am using the cheap hardwire kit that came with it. Any other good quality hardwire kit out there?

This happens to me too. The flickering I believe has to do with the GPS mount being loose, second the restarting (if yours is hardwired) is most likely because your ground terminal came loose.

Up till this morning, powering up thru the camera usb port seems to have eliminated the two issues. I'll continue to monitor for a while.

Here is a similar experience. To check GPS, try removing the A119 from GPS mount and plug your car power into the A119 side power port and see if symptoms are still there or not.

Yeah i am using the cheap hardwire kit that came with it. Any other good quality hardwire kit out there?
Where did you buy it that it came with a hard wire kit? AFAIK, it only ships with a 2-usb cigarette adapter and two USB cables (one about .6m, another about 4m).

Where did you buy it that it came with a hard wire kit? AFAIK, it only ships with a 2-usb cigarette adapter and two USB cables (one about .6m, another about 4m).

i got my set from foxoffer, they have a package consisting of the camera, gps mount and hardware kit.

Just an update, everything seems to be fine after plugging the power cable into the camera usb port.

I've been hearing this startup chime now for several days on A119.
Looks like it's restarting by itself.
I couldn't see what's happening on the LCD as it's behind the mirror and can't swoop down there while driving.
Will drive with RV mirror up next time.

Hi if you voodoo a119 flickers or restarts al the time then take the charging adapter out of the GPS mount and put it directly into the side of the dashcam that will resolve all the issues. Hope this helps.

Back