A119 Memory Card?

dude2017

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Dash Cam
Viofo A 129 Duo
Hello what memory card do you use for Viofo A119? Which is recommended?

Thanks

Hi. I am using a kingston microsdhc card with 32GB, class 10 with no issues at all.

Lexar High Endurance 64GB in mine.

Good alternative would be Transcend High Endurance (if you can get it), Samsung Evo, Lexar 633x.

Lexar High Endurance 64GB in mine.

Good alternative would be Transcend High Endurance (if you can get it), Samsung Evo, Lexar 633x.
I have purchased 3 Lexar High-Performance microSDXC 633x 64GB cards.
One crashed in the first few days and was sent back for refund–it could not be formatted, read, or written to. The second crashed about 60 days later, again could not be formatted, read, or written to, and the third one is still apparently working although it makes me very nervous having had two crash already. I did file an RMA for the second one, and the company did replace the card in about 20 days. I'm waiting to see how well that works. All of my Transcend high endurance cards seems still to be functioning (except 1 that I emailed them today to replace as defective), although even they occasionally require an extra formatting to function properly. It seems like memory cards are a work in progress.

Last edited:
Avoid SanDisk except their high endurance series. Their regular cards fail fast in dashcams.

I use transcend, Samsung, adata, ridata and Kingston in my various cameras.

it could not be formatted, read, or written to.
that's how SD cards die. :)
since September I have 2 Lexar 633x 128gb & 3 Samsung Evo 128gb failed. all 5 cards failed when I used 1080p@60fps or soon after I switched to 1080p@60fps. I sent all Samsung cards back to Amazon for a refund so I don't have Samsung 128gb cards anymore. a different case with Lexar SD cards. you'll have to deal with Lexar Support and they will replace the card for you. they want you to keep using their cards. :eek: so Lexar replaced one SD card for me, and after my second Lexar card died they sent me 200gb card instead. :eek: Lexar 128gb cards were (and may be still are) out of stock.:eek: so now I use 200gb Lexar 633x in my front camera and 128gb Lexar 633x in my rear, and I switched back to 1440p@30fps. :) I also have 2 Transcend Ultimate 633x (MLC) 64gb cards for any emergencies.

Last edited:
I have a Trancend High Endurance in my A119, and a Lexar High Endurance in the wife's A119. I had terrible problems with Samsung Evo and Evo+ and SanDisk Ultra cards in the dash cams.

It's just a shame the HE cards seem to top out at 64GB, unless anyone knows any different? :)

so now I use 200gb Lexar 633x in my front camera and 128gb Lexar 633x in my rear, and I switched back to 1440p@30fps.

Tell us how they are working for you,

Tell us how they are working for you,
sure
another Lexar 633x 128gb sd card died on March 16. :eek: no prior errors. the camera was recording on it (at least I saw it started recording) for about 2hrs but when I brought it home to view / copy the video it was not recognized by my computer. :eek: sent an email to Lexar support, waiting for a response. o_O
surprisingly all the 128gb sd cards (Lexar & Samsung) died so far (at least 6) died on my rear camera. :eek:

sure
another Lexar 633x 128gb sd card died on March 16. :eek: no prior errors. the camera was recording on it (at least I saw it started recording) for about 2hrs but when I brought it home to view / copy the video it was not recognized by my computer. :eek: sent an email to Lexar support, waiting for a response. o_O
surprisingly all the 128gb sd cards (Lexar & Samsung) died so far (at least 6) died on my rear camera. :eek:

Are there warranty replacements? Those are expensive.

Are there warranty replacements? Those are expensive.
yes, something like 10 years or more, depends on the brand and their contract with the seller. Amazon refunds Samsung SD cards, but not Lexar SD cards. Lexar support (so far in my case) replace them.

I just put PNY High Performance Micro SDXC-1 128GB card in my cam and made two short recordings. Works ok so far.

I use transcend, Samsung, adata, ridata and Kingston in my various cameras.
what brand memory cards and at what resolution do you use in A119 if you have one?

I have previously had issues with memory cards that cannot be detected/read on a PC and were brought back to life using a formatting tool from HP. Search for HP USB format tool. This may fix unreadable memory cards.

I tried a bunch of utilities with zero result and I tried HP USB format tool too. I wonder if Samsung or Lexar can recover a card not recognized by a computer.

I have previously had issues with memory cards that cannot be detected/read on a PC and were brought back to life using a formatting tool from HP. Search for HP USB format tool. This may fix unreadable memory cards.

Yup.......... There are many programs/products that can help and some of them may need to be used one before the other.

The point is don't give up until your absolutely sure the memory card is shagged.

There is a huge market based on people not knowing how to fix stuff with computers........... Sad really.

Lexar 633x 128Gb memory card report: Using a Viofo A119, latest Firmware 2.0.2, been getting lots of memory errors over the last few days, so I tried a little experiment. Recording at several different resolutions / FPS settings. The Lexar card works just fine at 720p/30fps (only at that setting) ... every other resolution (higher and more frames per second), it can't keep up and has memory errors (basically writes unreadable files to the card). So, I am returning it and a Transcend 64Gb 400x Premium card is going to replace it.

So, what I am concluding so far in this test, is that the A119 does NOT really support 128Gb or Lexar cards don't work very well in the unit.

Anyone else have data / results to share on this?

Last edited:
Lexar 633x 128Gb memory card report: Using a Viofo A119, latest Firmware 2.0.2, been getting lots of memory errors over the last few days, so I tried a little experiment. Recording at several different resolutions / FPS settings. The Lexar card works just fine at 720p/30fps (only at that setting) ... every other resolution (higher and more frames per second), it can't keep up and has memory errors (basically writes unreadable files to the card). So, I am returning it and a Transcend 64Gb 400x Premium card is going to replace it.

So, what I am concluding so far in this test, is that the A119 does NOT really support 128Gb or Lexar cards don't work very well in the unit.

Anyone else have data / results to share on this?
There seems to a lot of issues with Lexar as of late.

There seems to a lot of issues with Lexar as of late.

from what I understand memory shortages are behind some of the issues, some manufacturers have been forced to turn to alternate supply channels for raw material, memory cost prices are double what they were 6 months ago yet some brands are holding their prices, don't have to be a genius to work out how they are managing to do that

That's too bad, if true. That means there could be a possible influx of new dash cam users thinking their cameras are defective, when really it's the card. Hopefully the shortage is short lived.

Back