A119 Memory Error

Marco6158

Reaction score
Country
Italy
Dash Cam
Viofo A119
Hello,
I have had my Viofo A119 for a few months now, and during the end of the hotter period of summer I started getting some issues with my dashcam. I often get a blue screen with a "memory error" and the dashcam doesn't record, some other times I don't get the blue screen but the rec button flickers and the camera don't record footage.

A while ago, after this various errors I decided to upgrade the software of the dashcam to the latest one but the problem persists. I also formatted my micro sd twice (one during the firmware update) the second time because the dashcam requested me to do it.

Temperatures are going down now, around 25/30 °C Max, the issue is still here. During July and August we hit around 40/42°C which might be a bit higher inside the car, but I think the dashcam is supposed to handle these temperatures. I think I've read it's supposed to handle around 80°C.

The microSD is a SanDisk with 32gb. I'd be happy to know what's the problem, if it's the dashcam's or the microsd fault. Thank you.

Hello,
I have had my Viofo A119 for a few months now, and during the end of the hotter period of summer I started getting some issues with my dashcam. I often get a blue screen with a "memory error" and the dashcam doesn't record, some other times I don't get the blue screen but the rec button flickers and the camera don't record footage.

A while ago, after this various errors I decided to upgrade the software of the dashcam to the latest one but the problem persists. I also formatted my micro sd twice (one during the firmware update) the second time because the dashcam requested me to do it.

Temperatures are going down now, around 25/30 °C Max, the issue is still here. During July and August we hit around 40/42°C which might be a bit higher inside the car, but I think the dashcam is supposed to handle these temperatures. I think I've read it's supposed to handle around 80°C.

The microSD is a SanDisk with 32gb. I'd be happy to know what's the problem, if it's the dashcam's or the microsd fault. Thank you.
SanDisk Ultra card? If so, I would try another card as they are not the best choice for dash camera use.

+1 on the memory card... Is that the same card you've used since you got the dashcam?

Yep, I bought it specifically for the dashcam. I don't remember which model it is, but should be this one.

Which micro sd would you suggest for the dashcam? I'm a bit worried because it was working fine for the first few months, I hope it's just an issue with the SD card and not with the camera.

Yep, I bought it specifically for the dashcam. I don't remember which model it is, but should be this one.

of all the Sandisk cards you could have picked that is the worst choice for this camera

Sandisk or Transcend high endurance cards are good, Samsung U3 cards, Transcend 400x models or above

Which micro sd would you suggest for the dashcam? I'm a bit worried because it was working fine for the first few months, I hope it's just an issue with the SD card and not with the camera.
Those cards can turn on you at any moment. Transcend is a good choice and the Samsung EVO Select seem to be working very well with the A119/A119S.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/B06XX29S9Qhttps://amazon.com/Samsung-MicroSDX...F8&qid=1505339396&sr=8-6&keywords=samsung+evo

is the capacity above 64gb/128gb supported?
200gb?
256gb?

As far as I know A119 supports up to 64Gb.

Anyway thanks for the answers, other than the one you linked me, would this one work correctly?
https://www.amazon.it/gp/B00V5Q1N1I
Being my first dashcam I didn't know which card could work better, for me every card was basically the same!

Hello,
I have had my Viofo A119... I often get a blue screen with a "memory error" and the dashcam doesn't record,....
I decided to upgrade the software of the dashcam to the latest one but the problem persists. I also formatted my micro sd twice (one during the firmware update) the second time because the dashcam requested me to do it.

Temperatures are going down now, around 25/30 °C Max, the issue is still here... Thank you.

Recently I had the same error and regardless of memory card used it persisted. Even with the card removed same error.

I reset the unit and also reinstalled the software loader and then the firmware. In my case I used the 2.2 loader and firmware.

This fixed the problem.
Note SanDisk memory seems to have counterfeit being sold. This may also be a problem.

That card (provided it is genuine of course) will work fine

Thank you. I will buy a new card as soon as I can and I'll let you know if that was the problem

I forgot to reply, the dashcam works correctly with the new sd

Last edited:
I purchased the Viofo A119 last September and it works great! I recently started getting a "memory error" on the screen and it beeps. I formatted and reset to default settings on the unit and it still has the error, I updated the camera to the newest version and I still get the error. I am using a 64GB Lexar 633x SD card, I tried a transcend High Endurance SD card and I Still get the error.

Is there a fix for this?

Did you format the Transcend card in the camera?

The two most common reasons I have seen for users getting this error, was using a Lexar card or powering a V1 camera through a V1 GPS mount.

Do you have a V1 camera and are you using a GPS mount? If so, try powering the camera directly. GPS will still work.

Did you format the Transcend card in the camera?

The two most common reasons I have seen for users getting this error, was using a Lexar card or powering a V1 camera through a V1 GPS mount.

Do you have a V1 camera and are you using a GPS mount? If so, try powering the camera directly. GPS will still work.

I did format the Transcend disc, I have the V2 and ordered it with the GPS. Just updated the firmware to v3.6 (originally had v2.06)

Hmmm...I would test the Transcend card with the h2testw program to make sure it's OK.

How are you powering the camera? Are you using the supplied USB cable and 2-port car adapter?

A year of service can easy be all you got from that memory card, hell i had high end cards which lifetime in the first go i had to measure in hours and not days, warranty replacement working fine.
I also have memory cards in daily use so old i cant even remember when they first saw service, it can be a crap shoot some times, and thats why its important to buy your memory from a reputable source.

AS CYA say if you dont have another memory card to try with then at least run a test of the current memory card, H2testw will call out a bad memory card, though i have also experienced a single time where a card passed the test but just would not work in that camera ( so i put it in another one which was fine )

Hmmm...I would test the Transcend card with the h2testw program to make sure it's OK.

How are you powering the camera? Are you using the supplied USB cable and 2-port car adapter?

Correct, I am using the supplied USB cable and 2-port car adapter. It is happening on both cards. I have even plugged it in to my wall adapter and after 20 minutes I get the error just like if it was in my car.

Did you manually default the cameras settings after you updated?

Back