A119 Mini - Apple Power Brick Question

SR14626

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Viofo A119 Mini - Blackvue 900S
I think I know the answer to this question, but I wanted to post this to those that have tried this. I like to set up my dash cam within my home using an existing Apple power brick to power it, setting up using the Viofo app, instead of going outside and connected to the car. Is this possible? And am I limited to a certain Apple PowerBrick? I have a 5V 1A / 5V 3A / 14.5V 2.0A / 20W and larger.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated and thank you

Not familiar with either the 119 or Apple but if the camera (any camera) is USB powered then any USB power brick that meets the minimum requirements of the camera will (should) work.

I think I know the answer to this question, but I wanted to post this to those that have tried this. I like to set up my dash cam within my home using an existing Apple power brick to power it, setting up using the Viofo app, instead of going outside and connected to the car. Is this possible? And am I limited to a certain Apple PowerBrick? I have a 5V 1A / 5V 3A / 14.5V 2.0A / 20W and larger.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated and thank you
I have just tested this using the A119 Mini and an Apple USB-C power plug, which works fine.
Nearly all USB-A chargers will work fine.
There may be some some USB-C chargers that don't work, so if it doesn't work with your "brick", don't assume that it is a camera problem. The one I just tried worked fine though so you are probably OK.

It will want 5V, probably @ > 1A. Don't put 14.5V into it, but as long as that is a specification for a USB-C power brick then it is fine.

P.S. The supplied cable is USB-A to USB-C, so to use an Apple power brick that has a USB-C output socket rather than an attached USB-C cable may require that you obtain a USB-C to USB-C power cable. Not sure there are any power bricks like that, but my Apple power plug requires a USB-C to USB-C cable that is not supplied with either plug or camera.

Last edited:
Thanks to all. Will not use the 14.5 V power brick. Do have a USB-C to USB-C cable so I’m good to go.

Back