A119 Mini received

kamkar

Reaction score
Country
Denmark
Dash Cam
10 years, many dashcams
The good folks at Fedex dropped off a parcel at my door today, even if that was supposed to happen Thursday, but they came early 08:00 and that was before i had fallen asleep.
So i got up and just dropped sleeping again today as the alarm clock was set to 10:00 anyway, and full knowing with new cameras there was no way my already problematic sleep pattern would get any better, and anyhow it is pretty normal that i once a week go for 2 days without sleep.

Now i just hope i am sufficient awake to install the system, and not least drive to visit my old mother to say happy birthday to her, and then after that i also have to assist my friend in getting some sizeable pieces of lumber home for the summers projects on the garden railway.

SO ! i am on the A119 Mini ball too, so expect to see some footage soon, i just did the in-boxing video, now i just have to watch it and see if i dont ramble too much and the footage is usable.

Are you paying VAT or other customs taxes to FedEx customs even your shipment contains a free sample?

Yes there are no free meals or packages in Denmark, so in a week or two i will probably get a bill from Fedex with the customs + sales tax and the horiffic high handling fee they are allowed to collect on each parcel ( handling fee is about the same as a hour work for a unskilled worker ) But i am sure one of their people can handle more than 1 parcel a hour.

Normally the customs bill should be based on the value of the camera. In my country they are taxing also the shipping. So if a product cost $1 and the shipment costs $50 the taxes will be for $51.
My customs are asking for the proof of the payment so they can tax me based on its total cost. So even I receive a free sample I need to pay it, including the shipping costs. Of course the factory can send me back my money and even the customs taxes.

Handling fee is used also by DHL?

Yes they all collect that big handling fee here, the regular post or any of the shipping companies.
If there are no price on the content here they will just invent one, and often not a price that are too small.
It have been some years since i have had to copy / paste price of a purchaser to customs, but i have done that in the old days,,,,, and also edited the price to a lower one, cuz that is what i am a filthy criminal.

My friend wrote down a 3000 USD Dodge V8 motor to 1000 USD, and it worked just fine, but that was thru a alternative shopping company called shopUSA, which give you a US address to send your purchases to, and then then receive it for you, do the customs thing and then fly or ship in container to Denmark.
Needless to say the heavy V8 motor came in a container with tonnes of other stuff, so it took a few months to arrive as they of course only ship full containers.

you can only get off this if your pay your taxes in the purchase itself, and many places now do that.
I have also had big expensive parcels sail strait thru customs, even if i should have paid customs on it, but it seem like some times they are behind and then just throw parcels across the border at the warehouse.
It is nice when that happen, not least with big expensive parcels. On the other hand little parcels 25 cents over the minimum amount and suddenly you have to pay 2 X the price due to the horrible handling fee.

Since Brexit, the UK has abolished all these extra fees, taxes and other charges! When you order something online, from anywhere in the world, you pay the price shown on the website, and then it is delivered. Before Brexit, that only applied to European Union orders, but now it is for the whole Earth!

Since Brexit, the UK has abolished all these extra fees, taxes and other charges! When you order something online, from anywhere in the world, you pay the price shown on the website, and then it is delivered. Before Brexit, that only applied to European Union orders, but now it is for the whole Earth!
Meanwhile, many AliExpress shops don't even ship products to Germany anymore because of the taxes and stuff.

Meanwhile, many AliExpress shops don't even ship products to Germany anymore because of the taxes and stuff.
Well, I don't suggest a German Brexit, I assume it wouldn't help, and we don't want the EU run by the French :unsure:

When I was voting in the Brexit referendum, abolishing excessive FedEx charges wasn't something I thought about, but now I wonder why on earth we didn't do it before!

No extra fees in the US yet. DHL delivered 3 days ahead of original estimate. My problem here is that another street near here has a similar name and sometimes parcels go there instead of here :mad: Glad you've got a Mini to "beat on" @kamkar (y)

Phil

What would interest me is the wiring.

Presumably it's a 3 wire kit only. I don't want to wire anything to permanent power as my hybrid car battery isn't powerful enough for any third party connections.

I'm hoping the old trick of wiring the red and yellow together so the camera fires up on ignition power and totally shuts down when the ignition is turned off.

Yesterday i did all my driving with the A229 + wifi on and streaming, and before drive i did settings using the phone.
So today putting in the 119 Mini i can not connect to it, it want to format the memory card upon connection even if that is already done and it have recorded just fine, so i say OK do that, and it do, but still will not let me in, and then it again ask to format memory card, but now it fail.
Add to that the A229 now do the very same and i can not connect to either without getting asked to format memory card, and that then failing.

Will try to delete the app on my phone and reinstall, also going to take a note of firmware in the cameras

Yesterday i did all my driving with the A229 + wifi on and streaming, and before drive i did settings using the phone.
So today putting in the 119 Mini i can not connect to it, it want to format the memory card upon connection even if that is already done and it have recorded just fine, so i say OK do that, and it do, but still will not let me in, and then it again ask to format memory card, but now it fail.
Add to that the A229 now do the very same and i can not connect to either without getting asked to format memory card, and that then failing.

Will try to delete the app on my phone and reinstall, also going to take a note of firmware in the cameras
This is the latest firmware from 0511 for A229: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1V51Pat02wNxmRNQk_itv1VWeoWAfYO-t/view?usp=sharing

If you use the card in a different camera, it is better to format the card first.

Last edited:
The card i put in the A119 mini was indeed full, the camera said so and then requested to format, which i also did.
It was one of my backup cards i have in the car i put in as i forgot the bring a card from my apartment, thats why there was still data on it, otherwise most times when i take a card out of use i delete the footage on it ( delete footage not format it )

I will get this new firmware on the A119 Mini camera right now, as i am taking a short drive in a few minutes. (y)

O i just noticed this is a A229 firmware,,,,, anyway i will still get that on that camera :)

I need latest A119 Mini firmware ! i am on 20220422 with the polish / English problem

O i just noticed this is a A229 firmware,,,,, anyway i will still get that on that camera :)
There's a FW for the Mini. PM Viofo for the link to it.

Phil

PMs already underway, now for laundry and trying to flash the A229 again to see if that can bring the wifi back,,,,,, cuz i managed to make that go away somehow :oops:

trying to flash the A229 again to see if that can bring the wifi back,,,,,, cuz i managed to make that go away somehow :oops:
LOL! That sounds like something I'd do :rolleyes:

@viofo When you get the new FW (020220510) you might find English and Polish transposed- that's what I'm getting right now.

Phil

Last edited:
well i can make it repeat now with the camera on the computer table, wifi come on, broadcast wifi i can see on phone, but just not connect to, and then it go away in seconds.
It can however also take its sweet time to launch, i think upwards of 30 seconds before the voice say wifi on.

I have been able to connect to wifi here on the computer table, but 30 seconds tops and i am kicked off and the wifi are gone, and remain unsaleable until i have rebooted the camera, and then the process repeat only i might just see the wifi and bam it is gone before i can log on.

Before FW update the wifi was rock solid both 2.4 GHZ ( my 45 min drive out ) and on 5 GHZ for my 45 min drive home. Streaming live preview while driving and recording.

On forst attempt with a "cold" camera the wifi launch in 8 - 10 seconds after pressing the wifi button, in worst case it take upwards of a minute before wifi come on.

Screen recording from my phone connection ( for a short time ) and then trying again to connect but wifi can not be seen 2 time around.

The A119 mini is working flawless after i reinstalled the Phone app, but the A229 is acting up a lot after the firmware update.
Have also tried another phone, but it is the same there, but i am sure it is not the phone cuz of so well the wifi worked on Wednesday

Last edited:
Back