A119 Mini vs. A119 v3

Vortex Radar

Reaction score
Country
United States
I just wrapped up a video going over some of the main differences I've noticed between the A119 Mini and the A119 v3.

Main benefits include the WiFi, Bluetooth, improved button layout and LED design, and voice notifications. There's other stuff too like USB C and ability to shut off the GPS mount when parked to reduce power draw. The "mini" aspect doesn't seem like a noticeable change other than the smaller (and harder to read) LCD screen. I also go over some of the issues I've noticed with WiFi as well as some overheating issues.

Thanks for mentioning my A119 Mini review video and the overheating issues that I hope will be resolved with the tweaks that VIOFO is making to the A119 Mini.

Right on Ari,
I just watched the whole 17 minute video.
Bravo, so much information.
I'm jealous your YouTube channel name fits in the allotted 11 characters without abbreviating. lol
At 0:05 do you mark your SD Cards with a sharpie, I do that too trying to keep track which is which?
Maybe the "Mini" will really be a mini if the next generation drops the lcd screen alltogether. lol
I'd also like to see adtional voice notifications, (GPS Connected) would be nice.
Really great comparison video.
-Chuck

Thanks for mentioning my A119 Mini review video and the overheating issues that I hope will be resolved with the tweaks that VIOFO is making to the A119 Mini.
Thank you for sharing your experiences! It's super helpful to have a bunch of us testing and all comparing notes. The more data points, the better. :)
Right on Ari,
I just watched the whole 17 minute video.
Bravo, so much information.
I'm jealous your YouTube channel name fits in the allotted 11 characters without abbreviating. lol
lol I had to cut the space, but it was nice to have it fit! :D
At 0:05 do you mark your SD Cards with a sharpie, I do that too trying to keep track which is which?
I often do that, yeah. I normally use a labelmaker so the labels can be compact and legible. Plus the peel right off afterwards. I actually forgot to remove the T130 label off of the A119 Mini card and so when I shot the clip removing the memory card, on the first take you could still see the label, lol. So the clip show in my video is the second take right after I removed the label. :D
Maybe the "Mini" will really be a mini if the next generation drops the lcd screen alltogether. lol
Ooh that'd be interesting and yeah, that'd be a much more fitting way to do a Mini. Maybe that'll be the A119 Nano? :p

A119 Mini
A119 Micro
A119 Nano
A119 Atom
A119 Quark
OK, I'll stop. lol

Back