no, it's actually very normal for a camera to record, not to crash.
now you'll have to get used to it.
smile3.gif

Yes , but it didn't go thru the the blinking leds as it uploads , bootloader didn't do its led dance just went to camera record and then black with red rec led.

Yes , but it didn't go thru the the blinking leds as it uploads , bootloader didn't do its led dance just went to camera record and then black with red rec led.
the "blinking leds dance" relates to a firmware update not to a loader.

the "blinking leds dance" relates to a firmware update not to a loader.

1) VIOFO A119 (only this model v3.91 latest) download the LDBA119.bin to a folder on computer. Do NOT rename this file.
https://support.viofo.com/helpdesk/attachments/19005133069

2) Power off Dashcam and eject microSD card and insert into card reader and connect to computer.
3) Copy LOADER file LDBA119.bin to ROOT of microSD card. Verify no other binary file is present, if in doubt Format memory card in Dashcam.
4) close File Explorer then Safely Remove Device/Eject or Shutdown computer before disconnecting USB adapter to prevent file corruption.
5) with Dashcam powered off insert memory card with LOADER file LDBA119.bin
6) Connect Dashcam to 5volt 1-2amp power source (not powerbank),
the red REC light should blink slow then faster, REC LED may not even blink, wait 50 seconds,
if successful the Dashcam should restart on its own.
you will either see normal video or black screen, disconnect power to dashcam (do not press power button).
7) Remove microSD card and connect to computer using USB adapter.
8) Delete file LDBA119.bin , verify this has been done.
9) Copy Official v4.00 Firmware FWBA119.bin to Root.
10) close File Explorer then Safely Remove Device before disconnecting USB card adapter.
11) with Dashcam powered off insert memory card with Firmware file FWBA119.bin
12) Connect Dashcam to 5volt 2amp power source (home or car),
the red REC light should blink slow then faster and repeat,
if successful the Dashcam should restart on its own within 80 seconds.
13) After successful restart press REC to stop recording then press MENU,
press REC then middle button to verify Firmware version,
while in MENU Settings select DEFAULT Settings > OK then wait for restart.
14) If Boot Loader was repaired should now be able to update to any version from v2.1 to v4.00 and newer including MODs.
good luck

Well This was Is Wacked ! But in a good old way,, I followed the above Info for Last resort Butloader revival from BCHobbyist , But when i plugged it in to power it up the screen with live camera came on for about 10-15 secs then went dead with just red rec led on , i left it for 2 min. and thought it was brickette that now could be used for charcoal in the barbie ,, so i went about putting back in PC deleteing Butloader and loading Viofo V4.0 then fired it up ,shazam it works with the new V4.0 ,, now it still may crash and burn ,, but a thumbs up fo BCHobbyist ,, i will leave it for now and see if its stable cam. Thks to the Forum . :eek:
Sometimes its amazing what happens when you follow detailed instructions.
Good Job! us tech guys look out for each other.

Last edited:
The Other point is it didn't restart after Bootloader was
Sometimes its amazing what happens when you follow detailed instructions.
Good Job!

I pretty sure i entered the world reading manuals ,, like today,, i work on too many different brands of systems u can't remember it all and every year more changes ,, if i buy car/Truck i have to know every detail , and then i get the Mechanics manual and fix them ,,so don't be in doubt read manual then the addendums , i know most people hate or don't have time to do that. But Hey i am Atechguyy. I think i need a rear camera also , i have some sneaky person or persons scratching my vehicle ,, i really want to catch em ,,and and and Thats all i'm say'in .But Thks again.

Created new A119 - Beta versions 7Pc , 7Pb , 7Pa
Feedback, footage and parked photos needed for each of these A119 modified Sharpness levels. Comparisons under all lighting, road, speed and city conditions. These Sharpness levels will be applied to next VIOFO official firmware release with new MENU setting option = Sharpness > Soft / Normal / Strong. Asking your opinion if 130 is Low enough and 150 is High enough for the three new Sharpness levels.
Thanks for your time and effort improving image quality on the A119 to benefit all End Users. Details in ChangeLog and #1 post in thread.

FWBA119_MOD-7Pc_v4.00+27Mbps+Sharp150+Edge148+DCTEAM.bin
- changed Sharpness from 186 to 150 to set High/Strong value.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
FWBA119_MOD-7Pb_v4.00+27Mbps+Sharp140+Edge148+DCTEAM.bin
- changed Sharpness from 186 to 140 to set Med/Normal value.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
FWBA119_MOD-7Pa_v4.00+27Mbps+Sharp130+Edge148+DCTEAM.bin
- changed Sharpness from 186 to 130 to set Low/Soft value.

Download > https://drive.google.com/open?id=12hJSR_cA6v7u_m0U6TsuR2Otfl2ItFeZ

Viofo A119 Dash Cam Review: https://viofo-a119-dash-cam-review.blogspot.com

Last edited:
Last edited:
Thanks for sharing the timely rainy day footage, we're both having same weather. 7Pa/b/c are all good but c-sharp150 isn't high enough. High should touch the over-sharpened halo effect which 150 isn't doing in the rain. Must wait for sunny day footage to be sure. The A119 with F1.6 Lens and 7Pc new sharp150 control beats your A119Pro with F1.8 Lens and 7Lc old sharp 34 adjustment, but its very close and must look between rain drops. If 7Pc was 160 - 170 difference would be greater.
update: had mixed up the two DVRs correction = A119 F1.6 wins with 7Pc !!

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing the timely rainy day footage, we're both having same weather. 7Pa/b/c are all good but c-sharp150 isn't high enough. High should touch the over-sharpened halo effect which 150 isn't doing in the rain. Must wait for sunny day footage to be sure. The A119Pro with F1.8 Lens and 6Nc new sharp150 control beats your A119 with F1.6 Lens and 7Lc old sharp 34 adjustment, but its very close and must look between rain drops. If 6Nc was 160 - 170 difference would be greater.
well, if the sharpness is at acceptable level on a rainy day it should be better on a sunny day.
if you make 1-2 more MODs with a sharpness 160 and 170 I'll get more video tomorrow.

well, if the sharpness is at acceptable level on a rainy day it should be better on a sunny day.
if you make 1-2 more MODs with a sharpness 160 and 170 I'll get more video tomorrow.
corrected my comments above, was reading three threads at once and mixed results and footage.
actually impressed by your A119 Lens in rain, far distant objects down the road are very clear, excellent focus.
170 pushes the halo limit but 160 may be the target, will add them to this post.

Created new A119 - Beta versions 7Pd and 7Pe

FWBA119_MOD-7Pd_v4.00+27Mbps+Sharp160+Edge148+DCTEAM.bin
FWBA119_MOD-7Pe_v4.00+27Mbps+Sharp170+Edge148+DCTEAM.bin
Download 7P-series > https://drive.google.com/open?id=12hJSR_cA6v7u_m0U6TsuR2Otfl2ItFeZ

Last edited:
corrected my comments above, was reading three threads at once and mixed results and footage.
actually impressed by your A119 Lens in rain, far distant objects down the road are very clear, excellent focus.
170 pushes the halo limit but 160 may be the target, will add them to this post.

FWBA119_MOD-7Pd_v4.00+27Mbps+Sharp160+Edge148+DCTEAM.bin
FWBA119_MOD-7Pe_v4.00+27Mbps+Sharp170+Edge148+DCTEAM.bin
Download 7P-series > https://drive.google.com/open?id=12hJSR_cA6v7u_m0U6TsuR2Otfl2ItFeZ
thanks!
I'll record some video using 7Pc, 7Pe & 7Pd tomorrow.
and there might be no sun again...
blush2.gif

Last edited:
Last edited:
Just a short 7Pd and 7Pe clip taken in bright low in the sky sunshine. Through dark tree covered areas.
Very rural driving no major traffic but has its own complications.

Mod 7Pd https://drive.google.com/open?id=16WcC1SgdVV33gV1Bs_k8IsZuEum-YMPI
Mod 7Pe https://drive.google.com/open?id=1nQbgDYbs279cXwz-Cs-WksbNSU3tatgu
Great Village narrow lane footage! Confirms 27Mbps Bit Rate captures complex patterns under different light conditions without video mush/pixelation. Both 7Pd sharp160 & 7Pe sharp170 look great.
7Pd at 0.22 and 7Pe at 0.32 both show the Cat & Kitten on roof chasing the rat! Excellent !! goes in next World Tour!

I like Boric am going to stay with 7Pe.
I thought here was a problem with the newer mods not showing the GPS info, but it turn out to be me not turn on GPS after resetting, head still needs time to get rid of the illness residuals. If you wish to put 7Pe video in world tour video great I could try and get you a view coming the other way making the trio more obvious. Bob

Last edited:
The clouds cleared so decide to try again with out the flares etc.
The cats and tunnel of trees plus very old building near old church so a bit different from previous.
For those that did not realise for best display Download the file for full 1440p if you play direct from Google Drive it is reencoded to a low spec.

Mod 7Pe -https://drive.google.com/open?id=1MLeqVBYcHCMDlaO65BqlNfb9n66Wpic- size 442 MB

Back