A119 No Gps logs

Perfod

Reaction score
Country
Denmark
I have a Viofo A119 it shows the Gps coordinates and the speed on the screen.
But i have no gps folder so when i playback in dashcam viewer or Registrator viewer i dont get ande Gps info except the once on the screen, printed on the movie.
Any Suggestion how to produce a gps folder map so it can show gps coordinates in a veiwer

It's not compatible with Registrator Viewer although there are some work arounds to get it to work, the GPS details are embedded in the file, there is no seperate folder, that's normal

So that means i cant get the GPS data transferred over to Dashcam Viewer .
Like the pic i have attacked , you can see the gps data is in the file , but its like they are printed direct on the file since dashcam viewer dosent show any gps data

Attachments

• Unavngivet.jpg
    Unavngivet.jpg
    302 KB · Views: 35
What firmware are you using? 2.01 broke the GPS data. Downgrade to 2.0 and everything works. The info is stored within the video files. There is not a separate GPS data folder.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-02-11 at 6.08.19 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-02-11 at 6.08.19 AM.png
    491.7 KB · Views: 19
Infact it is 2.01 , it came with it from the factory...

i will try to downgrade it , thanks alot

Perfod do you have video samples made from this firmware 2.01 and are you agree to share it ?

I want to study them with a hex editor in order to be sure that the GPS data are not embedded in the MP4 file because of a bug of firmware v2.01

Sry , all files got erased with the upgrade. Only had 1 micro Sd card

Hello Guys,

I have the same issue:

Viofo A119 shows the Gps coordinates and the speed on the camera screen.
But I have no gps on the map when I playback in dashcam viewer or Registrar viewer.
I do see the Gps info printed on the movie.
Any Suggestion how to fix the gps lock on the movie.
Time zone is set to Melbourne - GMT+11
Firmware : A119_Firmware_0829.zip
http://www.viofo.com/content/6-a119-dash-camera-firmware-update

Sample File
1 >>> https://www.dropbox.com/s/ac19t2k2nehof5k/2017_0216_151532_003.zip?dl=0
2 >>> https://www.dropbox.com/s/sjjgsc1url77e0m/2017_0217_152245_006.zip?dl=0
(ignore incorrect lens camera focus on the sample file)

Last edited:
you won't see anything in Registrator Viewer as this model is not supported, that's the expected result, for Dashcam Viewer you might want to check with @traveler

If you're having this problem with your A119, please see the Dashcam Viewer FAQ, question #7. I've received a dozen complaints about A119 dashcams not showing GPS data in Dashcam Viewer. Inspection of sample movies from these dashcams shows that no GPS data being written to the file. One commonality between them has been v2.01 firmware. Reverting down to v2.0 firmware seems to cure the problem.

John

Last edited:
you won't see anything in Registrator Viewer as this model is not supported, that's the expected result, for Dashcam Viewer you might want to check with @traveler

Thanks for your reply. (techmoan) had mentioned in his video that the developer of Registration Viewer died in a motorcycle accident.So we will not get any updates on that application. Dashcam seems to work fine. Guess I might have a faulty GPS module. Cheers

There's software that'll extract the GPS into a separate file for RV to work. Have a search here for NovaTrakt. Just be aware that it doesn't work with v2.01 firmware release.

If you're having this problem with your A119, please see the Dashcam Viewer FAQ, question #7. I've received a dozen complaints about A119 dashcams not showing GPS data in Dashcam Viewer. Inspection of sample movies from these dashcams shows that no GPS data being written to the file. One commonality between them has been v2.01 firmware. Reverting down to v2.0 firmware seems to cure the problem.

John

Thanks for the tip. I've managed to downgrade the firmware to 2.0 and looks like it's still not able to load the gps data onto the movie file.I've asked my seller for a replacement gps module. Will see if that works when it arrives. Cheers for the fast reply. Good work gents.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ieuvvxhf8o3yudu/2017_0217_195752_004.zip?dl=0

There's software that'll extract the GPS into a separate file for RV to work. Have a search here for NovaTrakt. Just be aware that it doesn't work with v2.01 firmware release.

Thanks. Matter of fact , I was able to extract the gmx file out of the mp4 videos. Does this mean , the GPS module on the camera works just fine ? in that case why would not the video player decode this info from the video ? Any idea on this @neilmcl
Cheers

The gpx file is an XML file so open the gpx file with notepad or similar (I use Textpad) to see if it's got any coordinates stored as <trkpt> tags. I am assuming that you've extracted from a file where you've been on a journey, if you just extracted from a file where you've just been sat on your drive it may not have any gps coordinates.

Back