A119 No Gps logs

you don't have to be moving to record coordinates, will still log them anyway
It was something I noticed on mine a while back. Just sat in the car for a couple of minutes then when I extracted the data from that file it didn't show any coordinates. Could've been just a glitch though.

It was something I noticed on mine a while back. Just sat in the car for a couple of minutes then when I extracted the data from that file it didn't show any coordinates. Could've been just a glitch though.

that just means you had no signal, if you have signal it will log them regardless

that just means you had no signal, if you have signal it will log them regardless
No, there was definitely a signal, the coordinates were shown on the video. Anyway, we're getting off the subject.

No, there was definitely a signal, the coordinates were shown on the video. Anyway, we're getting off the subject.

if it's in the video then it's working and logging, look at the program you're using to extract for the issue

if it's in the video then it's working and logging, look at the program you're using to extract for the issue
We were discussing the program before you interjected, that was why I mentioned it :rolleyes:

Update-- Good news: Viofo has released new firmware (v2.02) which addresses the "no GPS data" problem, along with some other issues. Here's the info from their website. Note: I don't have an A119 to test this so I'm trusting the update will indeed fix the problem.

John

=================

Latest A119 firmware is released on 2017.2.21, version number is V2.02, below is the download link, or check the attachment:

Change log:

1.Fixed: GPS Play back issue with Dashcam Viewer.
2.Fixed: Image Rotation Bug
3.Fixed: Play back issue on the camera
4.Updated: Screen save default option is 1 Min

I don't know if it works with DV yet, unfortunately my laptop is a Win 7 machine so can't run DV anyway but one thing I'm sure of is the program that was created to extract the GPS coordinates to a separate file for Registrator Viewer by one of our members here still doesn't work, so whether the location address has changed in the file or the update is still not working is still not clear.

I've sent a file off to the program's developer, hopefully he might see something, which reminds me to send a donation to him as well for his work.

Dashcam Viewer started producing coordinates for me after upgrading to v2.02 from v2.01... Never had problems with gps lock, so can't confirm if any of the other old problems was fixed.

I've got an update to this issue- Thinking that the issue was a faulty GPS module, I was not paying attention to the videos since the last time I was active here but the issue was sorted when I used a different memory card. Not sure if it will work for everyone who has this issue but a replacement sd card has fixed mine.

Hey fellas, just unboxed two new A119's about an hour ago, firmware shows A119_170221_V2.02 on both cams (I think they're gen 2 A119s as they have black UHB tape) but in Registrator Viewer 6.0 (fresh download) I have no GPS tracks - the speed shows fine hardcoded into the video though.

Anyone else have the same issues?

Anyone think its worth downgrading to 2.00, then upgrading to 2.01 and then 2.02 again in an attempt to have the GPS info embedded in the file properly?

Registrator Viewer doesn't work with the A119, that's normal, try Dashcam Viewer and you should see your GPS data is there

Back