A119 noob questions

steelholder

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hey all, Ive had a Viofo a119 for about 2 years and have never updated the firmware. Ive noticed in the last few months that it doesnt record recent events and only hangs onto recordings that are months old, which is obviously really bad. The date also does not save. As soon as I hit OK and go back it resets to Jan. Im guessing a firmware update is highly needed but i have no clue how to do this. Do I need a special program for this? I was hoping someone could walk me thru what programs I need and the steps involved to get my cam working like it used to, I have version A119s_170622_V1.7

if the date is resetting it sounds like the RTC battery might have an issue, that will cause it to overwrite the wrong files also

if the date is resetting it sounds like the RTC battery might have an issue, that will cause it to overwrite the wrong files also
Whats the RTC battery? it stays powered on fine when connected to a power source. It is very annoying that the recording button is on but when I check the recent recordings its stuff from months ago.

the RTC battery is what keeps the system time when the camera is off, if the battery fails the date will keep resetting
Thanks, I set the time and I go back to the menu setting then go back to the time and it resets, it never turns off during this process.

I have not and I suck with computers I was hoping someone here could help guide me through that.
download the firmware file, copy it to an empty memory card, power on the camera and it will run the update, reset default settings and format the card after updating

Back