A119 on Amazon (BAIKLOV vs BlackboxMyCar)

mealto

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Hey guys,

I have been waiting for the A119 and it looks like it's out on Amazon Canada. I think Baiklov ships out of Canada right? How is Baiklov versus BlackboxMyCar? Looking for feedback about buying from either one of these guys. Do they both charge canadian tax?

Baiklov is one of the Chinese sellers, I think if you have warranty issues you need to send back to China yourself, better to buy from @BlackboxMyCar for local service and support

Good tip, I knew you would jump in here @jokiin . Thanks very much!

By the way, I am looking to buy this in May of this year. I have not kept up with dashcams since before the A119 was released and someone was looking at a Version 2 of the A118C.

Is the A119 still the best performer in it's price range? What other units should I be considering?

Is the A119 still the best performer in it's price range? What other units should I be considering?

around this price the A119, A119S and A118C2 are all good value for money, maybe some other options will be worth a look by May

Hey guys,

I have been waiting for the A119 and it looks like it's out on Amazon Canada. I think Baiklov ships out of Canada right? How is Baiklov versus BlackboxMyCar? Looking for feedback about buying from either one of these guys. Do they both charge canadian tax?
Enjoy Gadgets from Canada on amazon.CA only bad thing because that seller is from Canada you have HST tacked on. Try Spy Tec from New York City no HST Also ask @OCD Tronic from USA if they will sell you one on amazon.CA

@jokiin ok, i see there is now an A119s. So do you think the lesser angle makes this unit better for reading clealer text? Not sure what the real world difference would be between the A119 vs A119s. Any thoughts?

@Sutton will look into Spy Tec in May when it's time to buy. They don't always have stock actualy.

@jokiin ok, i see there is now an A119s. So do you think the lesser angle makes this unit better for reading clealer text? Not sure what the real world difference would be between the A119 vs A119s. Any thoughts?

They each have their strengths, A119S will do better in low light, A119 can support higher resolutions, which is better for you is an individual thing I guess, either one represents good value for what you pay though

I bought two A119+GPS (CAD$116 each) from Baiklov, fullfilled by Amazon.ca about 1 month ago. They both arrived in only a few days with firmware 1.01. No Canadian tax.

I think that if it says "Fullfilled by Amazon", that means it is shipped from a Amazon's warehouse, and not from China.

I also bought another A119+GPS from Gearbest during their coupon promo for CAD$99, no tax. Surprisingly, it arrived in less than 3 weeks from China with firmware 2.0.

Thanks for all the info guys. Now the million dollar question. Is it safe to install the unit with teh sticky tape covering the mesh that is on the top part of the windshield? Is that mesh just for protecting bright sunlight? Or do some vehicles install radio antennas in the mesh too? Just wanted to make sure it's ok to put the sticky tape on to the meshed part of the windshield.

I have been sticking and removing dashcams on those black dot meshes in different Toyota cars, for years with no adverse effect.

To remove it, simply heat the windshield from the outside with a strong hair dryer until the adhesive pad is warm and soft, then pry off with only my fingers. I don't bother with using the included string to "saw" it off.

Thanks @SuperGoop. I think this unit will to be installed on the right side as it would get in the way of the rear view mirror. Kind of wish I could see the display while in the drivers seat but since it had a beep warning for when recording does not work, I can live with not seeing the display.

Can't wait to get it.

Thanks for all the info guys. Now the million dollar question. Is it safe to install the unit with teh sticky tape covering the mesh that is on the top part of the windshield? Is that mesh just for protecting bright sunlight? Or do some vehicles install radio antennas in the mesh too? Just wanted to make sure it's ok to put the sticky tape on to the meshed part of the windshield.
Yes go ahead, that's just a sunscreen

The part with the dots is where it offers least interference to your radio type equipment like toll passes. Obviously you wouldn't want the dash cam lens to see thru that!

The part with the dots is where it offers least interference to your radio type equipment like toll passes. Obviously you wouldn't want the dash cam lens to see thru that!
Please explain?

So what I heard may be correct. That mesh does serve a purpose. Looking at the PDF instructions from the Australian governemnt agency indicates that the mesh area is where there is no metallic coating in windshields. No wonder my toll tag does not register properly as it sits just outside of this. I am going to move the tag inside the mesh area.

So them mesh may serve a purpose but should not be harmed by any electronics. If anything, having electronics outside of the mesh may cause interference. Interesting.

if the vehicle has an athermic windscreen there is often an untreated area of the window, more common on European cars

Hey guys,

Actually FBA orders fulfilled by amazon,and we offer local replacement if warranty issue,so please do not worry about it!

I bought two A119+GPS (CAD$116 each) from Baiklov, fullfilled by Amazon.ca about 1 month ago. They both arrived in only a few days with firmware 1.01. No Canadian tax.

I think that if it says "Fullfilled by Amazon", that means it is shipped from a Amazon's warehouse, and not from China.

I also bought another A119+GPS from Gearbest during their coupon promo for CAD$99, no tax. Surprisingly, it arrived in less than 3 weeks from China with firmware 2.0.

Did you receive a A119 with grey or black sticker tape from Baiklov?

Back