a119 overheats?

Stumann

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
viofo A119
I have a Viofo A119 that I bought back in January of 2017. It has worked well for years, other than a few firmware updates. Recently, I have noticed a slight and repetitive "beep beep" coming from the unit. If I unhook the unit from the windshield (I have a GPS module) and reconnect, the "beep beep" goes away for a while. I have also noticed that I'm getting a lot of interrupted videos that show up as corrupt if I try to play them. I assume there is a connection between the two. I also noticed the unit is very warm when I remove it from the windshield. At first I thought it was just because of summer sunshine causing unit to get warm, but the other day I experience the problem at nightime and the unit was still extremely warm, but the windshield was cool. Is this thing just getting worn out or is there a simple solution?

Report Edit

Did you try plugging the power directly into the camera yet?

Jokiin, I did notice that if I delete a lot of the videos leaving the card with a lot of free space, it seems to work OK for a longer period of time. I'm not sure if that the "placebo"effect because I want it to work better.... A new card would be cheap enough to try. Thanks.
Yes, I did try bypassing the GPS module, but the problem was still there.

Back