A119 playback video on netbook stutters. Is it the settings?

findingzzero

Reaction score
Country
United States
I've had this Viofo A119 for a week and it took me that long to figure out it was shutting down not due to a power issue, but the screen saver. I played back some video on my netbook by using just the sd card in an adapter, and it is sketchy i.e.,mild stuttering. Is it my res settings? I had it on 60fps and higher than 1080. Just lowered it and will see. The firmware seems up to date. Also, should have known better as I had an A118 previously, but mounted this too close to the rear view mirror stalk and it won't dismount. There is a second mount in the box (for gps?). Will this work just for the A119 w/o gps?

Last edited:
playback on the camera and you'll likely find the video is playing smoothly, if it is it would just confirm that your netbook is not up to the task, if you're running the camera in 1440 mode you might find the netbook is a bit more capable when the camera is set to 1080 mode instead

First half of your reply is missing, but I get the idea. I will try playing on my pc with adv video card (as of several years ago). Does 30 vs 60 fps make a difference other than in storage capacity?

Some vid players can induce stutter while others run smoothly. My low-end W8.1 crap-top PC (yes that's what I meant to say) stutters with Win Media Player and my dashcam footage but not with VLC player ;) HTH :D

Phil

just tried VLC. No joy. Like the player though. Will try my PC next.

Playback is smooth on my PC, but not with windows media player. Color all messed up. VLC plays it great. I think, also, I got no audio on my netbook, but it is sweet on the PC. Jokin is correct.

I also had same problem and it was due to the windows player and the cpu on my ultrabook that had i7 dual core 2nd gen. I now have i7 6700hq in my laptop and it works smoothly. I also use Windows media player classic it's brilliant. So sounds like cpu or gpu problem if it runs okay on your pc.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Windows Player definitely adds stutter to my A119s playback on my desktop PC. VLC player playback is smooth. Thought this new camera was bad. Phew!

Back