A119 Power Consumption?

Jboss

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Hey. I got an old car a couple of days ago and it does not have an AUX port. I'm looking at getting one of these Bluetooth FM Transmitters for my car. Of course that will take the cigarette lighter port so i don't have a direct way of having it powered unless i hardwire, but i'm not going to do that.

With that said the transmitter has two usb ports. 1x (5V 2.1A) and 1x (5V 0.8A).. Would the 5V 0.8A be enough juice for the A119 to run off? Reason why i ask is because i prefer to charge my phone or other devices on the 5V 2.1A slot as 5V 0.8A wouldn't charge phones fast at all right?

Would 5V 1A be enough for a dashcam? Just for a 5V 1A one with a 5V 2.1A USB port too.

Here's the item i'm talking about - https://www.amazon.ca/gp/B01LW5E4WK
Haven't been able to find one that has multiple ports and be able to output 5V 2.1A for both ports.

Item description:

"2*USB Car Charger: Equipped with FUSE, it supports 12-24V wide voltage to protect your car circuit. With 2*USB charging ports(output DC 5V 2.1A/0.8A), it can be used as a car charger, you can charge your phone and tablet simultaneously."

Thx guys!

Last edited:
Back