A119 Pro (Emergency File Lock Not Working) Solved!

ponytang2014

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Viofo A119 Pro, Multiple Mobius Cameras
I know the camera is relatively new, but has anyone experience problems with the emergency file lock? The button clicks and beeps but not file lock. I believe there was an issue with an early 119 version where files would not lock unless g shock sensor was on. That should not be the issue, as my g-shock is set to medium. Normal recording seems to work fine.

Will try a reset, but I don't that will solve the problem.

Memory card is Transcend High Endurance.

No just keeps recording. Blinking red icon. Thanks for reply

probably need someone else with an A119pro to give it a try and see if they get the same result, if they do then it's likely just a firmware issue and can be sorted

Thanks. Looks like it was corrected in firmware some time after FW 1.0. Just flashed to 1.2 and
voilà: Big yellow exclamation mark on screen when I press the button.

Did not see any mention of this in the change log. Cannot find change log for anything prior to version 1.2.

Last edited:
I'm still on 1.0, I've never had an issue with file lock, big yellow triangle pops up and it bleeps at me

Honestly dont know why mine was not working. Reset and formatting sd card did not help. After I had installed new FW, I contacted Viofo. Response indicated this problem was corrected in new FW. Maybe only affected certain cameras or SD cards?

Back