A119 Pro firmware update

solomoj13

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Hi All,
Just picked up the A119 Pro and after installing a 128 Gig Class 10 card the camera takes a picture and freezes with a red x in the middle of the screen. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

CaptureYourAction

Retailer
Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
DOD, Dome Technologies, VicoVation, Viofo, GitUp
Hi All,
Just picked up the A119 Pro and after installing a 128 Gig Class 10 card the camera takes a picture and freezes with a red x in the middle of the screen. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
What card are you using?

Do you have another card to try?

JohnnyMnemonic

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Viofo A129 Duo / Viofo A119 Pro
Someone on Amazon posted a 1 star review and made mention of the red x as the reason they returned the cam. I’ve had mine since release and never experienced this so I do wonder the cause. Memory card does seem like a good start at troubleshooting it.

OP
S

solomoj13

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I'm using a Lexar 128 Gb class 10. It simply takes a picture and freezes with the red x. So, not sure if it's a defective unit. I'm going to start with the firmware update with a smaller capacity card and hope it works.

TonyM

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
A129 Duo & Pro, GitUp F1 & F1C, Mobius 1 & Maxi
I'm using a Lexar 128 Gb class 10. It simply takes a picture and freezes with the red x. So, not sure if it's a defective unit. I'm going to start with the firmware update with a smaller capacity card and hope it works.
I would suggest trying the firmware update and use the same card. If you change two things at once and your problem is solved, you don't know which one fixed the problem.

OP
S

solomoj13

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Thanks for the suggestion Mate.

Paul Iddon

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Nextbase 522GW, Nextbase 612GW, Viofo 119 Pro, A129 Duo
Format the card in camera menu too.

OP
S

solomoj13

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I have already formatted the card in the computer.

CaptureYourAction

Retailer
Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Lexar cards have been an issue as of late too. Many users have experienced issues with the later model Lexar cards. For testing your issue I would definitely try a small GB card.

CaptureYourAction

Retailer
Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
I have already formatted the card in the computer.
You want to make sure you format in the cameras, even after formatting on the computer. If you format on the computer first, be sure to use Viofo's GUI Format tool (found HERE) or SD Memory Card Formatter (HERE). I would not use the Windows default format program.

OP
S

solomoj13

Reaction score
Country
Canada
You want to make sure you format in the cameras, even after formatting on the computer. If you format on the computer first, be sure to use Viofo's GUI Format tool (found HERE) or SD Memory Card Formatter (HERE). I would not use the Windows default format program.