A119 Pro Reviews

mealto

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Below is A119 Pro with firmware version 1.2 with CPL. Uploaded at 1920x1080, highest video editor would allow. Can't seem to view it in youtube at anywhere near this resolution.

I don't have much experience with other dash cams, except for Mobius 1. The 119 Pro video looks pretty good to me, but fuzzy (noise) near the front of the vehicle. Only hiccup so far was emergency file lock not working. This was corrected somewhere between FW version 1.0 and 1.2.

Parking Mode Test A119 Pro Firmware 1.0 (1 FPS) Without CPL. Flare, Star Effect is Pretty Bad. Might have been dirty windshield.

Last edited:
Below is A119 Pro with firmware version 1.2 with CPL. Uploaded at 1920x1080, highest video editor would allow.

Your day time video looks good, makes me wonder how much better my video could be with a CPL. I would tilt the lens down a bit and get less sky. You see a bit more to the sides of car where the action might be.

The night video does not look as good as the A119 but I am sure Viofo will keep tweaking the firmware to enhance this.

Your day time video looks good, makes me wonder how much better my video could be with a CPL. I would tilt the lens down a bit and get less sky. You see a bit more to the sides of car where the action might be.

The night video does not look as good as the A119 but I am sure Viofo will keep tweaking the firmware to enhance this.
Thanks will lower, but do like the blue sky. Think it is also pointed slightly left. Really not inclined to pull it back off window.

Pretty happy so far. Want to test G sensor at some point. Have not had a single false yet.

Thanks will lower, but do like the blue sky. Think it is also pointed slightly left. Really not inclined to pull it back off window.

Pretty happy so far. Want to test G sensor at some point. Have not had a single false yet.

I love the blue sky too. There was another discussion about this very issue. Blue sky makes the video so much nicer lol

I'll add 2 unedited night clips.
Firmware is 1.2, Exposure 0, default settings.
The first one is with WDR on:
The second one with WDR off:

Hey cosmindaniel12 I actually prefer the WDR off for your night videos. Cool music too lol

I’ve been running my Pro with WDR off even after the 1.2 firmware update. It still isn’t quite dialed in just right yet, imo, but I’m sure viofo will continue working on it.

My unboxing and review was added back in late March (check it out here)

The video clips in that review were on older firmware versions and I have added them again in the spoiler. The final 4 below are all on the latest beta firmware version. You can judge how things have changed if you care to watch all the videos, accessed by clicking on the spoiler button. Note the 2 nighttime clips were tried at 1080p. The remainder are all at 2K resolution, at 1440p 30fps.

Daytime One
Daytime Two
Daytime Three
Nighttime One
Nighttime Two
Nighttime Three (rain)

Here then are the 4 new clips filming at night (May 30th 2018) - in various light conditions depending on location to the city centre (and more street lighting) to the last one where I go down the road on my housing estate where lighting drops in quantity and quality. Note there are still a few sparkles in the dark night sky, though this may be my unit rather than on other units.

There is some occasional very light rain.

1)

2)

3)

4)

Last edited:
Given that I've not used mine at night yet I may as well venture out very late on the night before my day off work!

Then I'll have a nosey at all the footage and post an "opinion" on here.

Remember these were on older firmware - it will be better now...

Back