A119 Pro vs. Wifi

Bushman123

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi guys. I have read hundreds of threads. I narrowed my choice down to A119 Pro but I'm really struggling with the fact that it does not have wifi. Does anyone have a recommendation for a camera with the same quality of the A119 pro AND wifi?? GPS is not a must for me. Thank you!

Backstory: currently have a mini 0805 for 3 years, it is not reliable. So many times I catch it not recording or frozen. Memory card reformat and it works again (using 64gb SanDisk Ultra and Lexar 300x XC i cards). In the rear I have the Yi 2.7" camera, and while the image is not amazing, the wifi downloads are and it has been perfectly reliable! So much faster and less work then pulling an SD card.

Check out the Mobius Maxi, 2.7K. Launched a month or so back. With the release firmware the image is noisy (day & night) but it's still pretty good.

Sorry, Wi-Fi isn't enabled yet.

You could check out GitUp's F1, 4K but the FOV is quite wide.

Does anyone have a recommendation for a camera with the same quality of the A119 pro AND wifi?? GPS is not a must for me. Thank you!
A129, in fact quality is a little better, although the resolution is less, but it does have the option of being a dual camera.

A129, in fact quality is a little better, although the resolution is less, but it does have the option of being a dual camera.

Looks great! Thank you Nigel

The two cards you are using are not cards I would trust in any dash camera though. Might want to try a different card.

I figured that might be the problem, with the memory cards. I will buy a new card for the new camera. Samsung cards seem to be what everyone is buying for the A129?

Yeah, the Samsung EVO cards have been solid so far. The new SanDisk Ultra A1 (must say A1 on the card) cards seem to be fine as well. They are both easy on the wallet too. I think the Ultra A1 128GB Card is $33 right now.

I figured that might be the problem, with the memory cards. I will buy a new card for the new camera. Samsung cards seem to be what everyone is buying for the A129?
The A129 isn't fussy about cards, and the cards seem to have improved over the last few years, especially the Sandisk which used to cause lots of problems. I'm using a Samsung 128GB which has had issues in Amberella based cameras, no problems at all in the A129.

For an A129 with dual cameras I do recommend a 128GB, or larger. 64GB doesn't hold much video when you have 2 streams and since cards wear out based on the number of write cycles a 64GB card wont last as long with 2 streams either, 128GB is currently least cost per write.

Thank you Nigel. Great points that you make. I go my camera today and test installed it. I also got a Samsung Evo select 128 GB card Per everyone suggestions,to use in it. Do you guys have any suggestions for parking mode lithium ion battery packs to keep it running in parking mode and not drain my car battery?. Currently I just leave my one camera running 24 hours a day and it does not run down my Jeeps battery. But I feel like with the dual camera I should probably get a battery pack Since there will be twice the power consumption.. I have been looking at the battery packs on Amazon and it is hit or miss for whether a $35 6000mAh 12v battery pack is going to be reliable. I thought I could maybe just use one of my anker USB charger battery packs, but with some testing I realized you have to press the button to wake it up and start powering the the camera. Which will not work in the long run. So what battery pack do you suggest I keep charged with my jeep and yet run the camera when the jeep is not running.? The idea would be to wire the battery pack to my Jeeps 12 V power supply which is active when the engine is on. And when the engine is off the camera would run off the battery pack I buy. Again thank you very much for everyone’s suggestions!

This is the battery pack on Amazon that I was looking to get, but one review is very negative and says it has failed them quickly, while other people report that it is perfect. I can never trust the Amazon reviews. Do you think this would work for my application? TalentCell Rechargeable 12V 6000mAh/5V 12000mAh DC Output Lithium Ion Battery Pack For LED Strip And CCTV Camera, Portable Li-ion Battery Bank With Charger, Black (Multi-led indicator) https://www.amazon.com/gp/B00ME3ZH7C

Thank you Nigel. Great points that you make. I go my camera today and test installed it. I also got a Samsung Evo select 128 GB card Per everyone suggestions,to use in it. Do you guys have any suggestions for parking mode lithium ion battery packs to keep it running in parking mode and not drain my car battery?. Currently I just leave my one camera running 24 hours a day and it does not run down my Jeeps battery. But I feel like with the dual camera I should probably get a battery pack Since there will be twice the power consumption.. I have been looking at the battery packs on Amazon and it is hit or miss for whether a $35 6000mAh 12v battery pack is going to be reliable. I thought I could maybe just use one of my anker USB charger battery packs, but with some testing I realized you have to press the button to wake it up and start powering the the camera. Which will not work in the long run. So what battery pack do you suggest I keep charged with my jeep and yet run the camera when the jeep is not running.? The idea would be to wire the battery pack to my Jeeps 12 V power supply which is active when the engine is on. And when the engine is off the camera would run off the battery pack I buy. Again thank you very much for everyone’s suggestions!

This is the battery pack on Amazon that I was looking to get, but one review is very negative and says it has failed them quickly, while other people report that it is perfect. I can never trust the Amazon reviews. Do you think this would work for my application? TalentCell Rechargeable 12V 6000mAh/5V 12000mAh DC Output Lithium Ion Battery Pack For LED Strip And CCTV Camera, Portable Li-ion Battery Bank With Charger, Black (Multi-led indicator) https://www.amazon.com/gp/B00ME3ZH7C
lithium ion battery packs like Anker and others are not safe to keep in hot cars; I am looking at purchasing the Cellink Neo which is Safe in hot cars...

Thanks JB. The cell link and black vue are far to expensive. $300+ for a $170 dash cam? Wayyy to high. Can't we repurpose a cell phone usb charger that uses LifePro4 cells that are safer for the heat in a car? They are $20 and have the larger capacity. Or just run it off my car battery. Even if I damage it over time, the car battery is $100. Currently I can run one dash cam on my car for 3 days straight and not have any battery starting issues on my car. Or I can buy a power cut off switch to stop using thebattery at a predetermined voltage.

Your Jeep probably has quite a large battery so a hardwire kit with low voltage cut off is likely to be the simplest and safest solution, but get one of the better ones that lets you choose a decent cut off point, 50% full not 5% full (which is what the cheap ones tend to be). Maybe next time you replace the Jeep battery you could upgrade it to a bigger option for a lot less cost than a Cellink Neo.

Not sure about your Amazon link, looks like it should work, but it's probably not designed to spend a lot of time empty or be used in extreme temperatures, and the fairly low capacity would probably result in it being empty a lot of the time. I wouldn't go that route, even LifePro4 cells can catch fire.

I'm currently testing an interesting option, but it's not available yet: https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/power-charging-kit-with-parking-guard-signal.34820/

The dual camera does not use twice the power, only about 33% more.

Thanks JB. The cell link and black vue are far to expensive. $300+ for a $170 dash cam? Wayyy to high. Can't we repurpose a cell phone usb charger that uses LifePro4 cells that are safer for the heat in a car? They are $20 and have the larger capacity. Or just run it off my car battery. Even if I damage it over time, the car battery is $100. Currently I can run one dash cam on my car for 3 days straight and not have any battery starting issues on my car. Or I can buy a power cut off switch to stop using thebattery at a predetermined voltage.
Anypower Black Box UPS T Power Plus Mobile Power Supply https://www.amazon.com/gp/B07CXGNDFM
This is what I've been using for over a year now and it has worked great. I run a blackvue DR590 dual channel cam system and never had an issue. It gives you the option to hardwire it or run it off the cigarette lighter. The battery power cutout is built into the unit which you can set.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Anypower Black Box UPS T Power Plus Mobile Power Supply https://www.amazon.com/gp/B07CXGNDFM
This is what I've been using for over a year now and it has worked great. I run a blackvue DR590 dual channel cam system and never had an issue. It gives you the option to hardwire it or run it off the cigarette lighter. The battery power cutout is built into the unit which you can set.

Looks like a nice. Pretty expensive. People told me it is unsafe to use Lipo batteries in the car and heat though?

"the system works by charging a high quality lithium-ion batter when your car is running "

I live in San Antonio, TX. It gets HOT here. The unit is mounted on the left driver side behind kick plate cover. Like in said, been using it over a year with no problems.
Looks like a nice. Pretty expensive. People told me it is unsafe to use Lipo batteries in the car and heat though? I don't know how cheap you're really trying to go but this unit is half the price of the others.

"the system works by charging a high quality lithium-ion batter when your car is running "

Awesome Nowuseeme ! I think I will just get one of these and save my time making one. Its very expensive for what it is and it's capacity but it will save me time.

Black Box my car stopped selling it, weird. Where did you get it, amazon?

Yes I got it on Amazon. That's why I shared the link to get it. Depending on how much action is happening around my car, it will last all day in parking mode for 2 cams

Back