A119 PRO?!?

The pro will be with a new sensor and new lens, same design as current A119, we want to bring better video quality to the market.
Also there is a new designed dual lens module not showed on that "Invitaion".

Interesting... Wonder what sensor/lens will the A119 Pro be using and how much improvement it will be.

Interesting... Wonder what sensor/lens will the A119 Pro be using and how much improvement it will be.

The pro will be with a new sensor and new lens, same design as current A119, we want to bring better video quality to the market.

I almost regret buying my a119s a few weeks ago hahaha

What is meant by dual lens module? Interchangeable lenses?

I don't see the point of a dual channel system. Just use two cameras. You get redundancy that way, if one fails the other will continue working.

Got Wi-Fi?

dual channel rear cams are usually trash tho..

would be better buying a viofo a118 for rear cam

not to mention the strain it might put on your sd card, will prob fail quicker no matter if it is mlc or not lol.

Given what we've seen from Viofo already a Pro version should be nice indeed :cool:

Not all rear cams are crap. but I wouldn't have felt comfortable saying that 18-24 months ago. Lots of rear cams are good at night now, and many rear cams are rivaling or exceeding the daytime performance of good front cams from a few years ago. Plus there are more 2-ch cams to choose from than ever before :) What I find crazy is that this development is occurring between the lower and middle-market, not at the top like it does with almost everything else. From the Mini 0906 to the SG9663DC you can now get a 2-ch cam where the rear cam does 1080p/30FPS with good low-light performance at a decent bitrate with prices most of us can handle (y) A few years ago you couldn't get that performance in any mainstream 2-ch dashcam at any price.

You can still get better rear vids from using 2 seperate cams, but the performance gap is closing and rare is the person whose needs can't be met well enough with one of today's 2-ch cams. And even more 2-ch cams are soon to hit the marketplace. There's never been a better time for us dashcam enthusiasts than now:love:

Phil

Not all rear cams are crap.

Phil
Phill,

What do you mean by "rear cams"?

1. Cam that is mounted at the rear windshield?
or
2. Cam that is mounted at the front windshield and looking inside the car?

I almost regret buying my a119s a few weeks ago hahaha
I think the A119S, SG9663DC and 0906 have the most expensive CMOS used in dashcams until now, the IMX291, so I would not expect a CMOS more expensive compared to actual IMX291 to be used by the same A119 design. I expect a more expensive CMOS to be used in the announced Dual channel Viofo.
Regarding better video, I expect from Pro version to be better regarding car license numbers. I expect some day the dashcams videos will change, to look different: not so nice like the videos from action cameras but offering details needed by the drivers. And after some time after that day people to understand that a dashcam video is looking different, not so nice like they are expecting with not so blue sky and not so green grass, but with a more visible car license numbers.
I don't see the point of a dual channel system. Just use two cameras.
Many people consider is more simple to record both videos on the same card. After dual channel Full HD 1080p + 1080p became possible the rear camera is not a poor camera anymore. The SG9663DC is using the Sony IMX323 on the rear camera, which is a good sensor.
Got Wi-Fi?
Will be nice to have Wi-Fi but because will be just another A119 I consider they will not modify the PCB to add the Wi-Fi module.
But can be an interesting idea if they can offer an Wi-Fi mount instead of actual GPS mount and people to chose between the Wi-Fi version and the GPS version.
@viofo ?

enjoy,
Mtz

@MozartMan

Look at previous posts to understand what is currently being spoken of- in my case the rear cam of 2-ch systems which "neometalX9" was disparaging right above me is what I was referring to ;)

Phil

But can be an interesting idea if they can offer an Wi-Fi mount instead of actual GPS mount and people to chose between the Wi-Fi version and the GPS version.

Now THERE is an interesting idea. I'm not sure how they would make it work, but it might allow one cam to serve 3 or 4 different purposes:
1- Just a cam
2-Cam with GPS
3- Cam with WiFi
4- Cam with GPS and WiFi

Nice thinking @Mtz (y) (y)

Phil

Regarding better video, I expect from Pro version to be better regarding car license numbers. I expect some day the dashcams videos will change, to look different: not so nice like the videos from action cameras but offering details needed by the drivers. And after some time after that day people to understand that a dashcam video is looking different, not so nice like they are expecting with not so blue sky and not so green gr

I agree, I still have my JooVuu X in daily usage, and with it's flaws which we won't go in to now, it still gets me better stills than my Viofo A119s..... Don't get me wrong, the MOVIE of the A119S is great, as is the night performance, but when push comes to shove, I get better evidence from the JooVuu X. Proof in next post

Reactions: Mtz
Back