A119 PRO?!?

LDWS = Lane Departure Warning System
FCWS = Front Collision Warning System
It's generally advisable not to use these, as they're not particularly reliable in dashcams.

Does anyone use Parking mode on this dashcam?

My understanding of how parking mode works is that it will only record files when the G-sensor is triggered; My G-sensor setting is at low, and parking mode is enabled, but it's recording in a continuous loop instead of only impact events which isn't what I want.

Does anyone use Parking mode on this dashcam?

My understanding of how parking mode works is that it will only record files when the G-sensor is triggered; My G-sensor setting is at low, and parking mode is enabled, but it's recording in a continuous loop instead of only impact events which isn't what I want.
Presuming it works the same as the A119 and A119S Parking Mode, read this short summary: https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/how-does-parking-mode-get-activated.32745/#post-387170 and the posts which follow.

Last edited:
So I finished installing the dash cam into my car. One thing I regret it my image is a bit skewed, if I could rotate the dash cam 5 degrees it would be perfect.

Now, how do I view/transfer the recorded videos? Do I connect a laptop using the mini USB cable or put the SD card into my smartphone? :D

So I finished installing the dash cam into my car. One thing I regret it my image is a bit skewed, if I could rotate the dash cam 5 degrees it would be perfect.

Now, how do I view/transfer the recorded videos? Do I connect a laptop using the mini USB cable or put the SD card into my smartphone? :D

I prefer to take out the microSD card and use a card reader and transfer on PC. Another way is to use an OTG card reader to view on my phone.

So I have uploaded the video files to my computer and like everyone else, the nighttime videos are below average. Anyone know if Viofo takes their sweet time to release new firmwares? At this point, I am considering to sell the PRO and get the A119S. Suggestions?

If at some point you decide to remount the camera to correct the angle, the best technique is to line it up precisely using the LCD screen BEFORE removing the protective 3M VHB backing tape. While holding the camera with mounting plate attached in place with one hand apply a strip of masking tape (painter's type) carefully along the bottom horizontal edge of the camera. Then place a piece of masking tape along one side of the camera vertically creating an "L". Now remove the 3M VHB protective backing tape and mount the camera to the glass using the temporary masking tape as a guide. You'll have a perfectly aligned installation.

If at some point you decide to remount the camera to correct the angle, the best technique is to line it up precisely using the LCD screen BEFORE removing the protective 3M VHB backing tape. While holding the camera with mounting plate attached in place with one hand apply a strip of masking tape (painter's type) carefully along the bottom horizontal edge of the camera. Then place a piece of masking tape along one side of the camera vertically creating an "L". Now remove the 3M VHB protective backing tape and mount the camera to the glass using the temporary masking tape as a guide. You'll have a perfectly aligned installation.

I loved this technique! (y)

So I have uploaded the video files to my computer and like everyone else, the nighttime videos are below average. Anyone know if Viofo takes their sweet time to release new firmwares? At this point, I am considering to sell the PRO and get the A119S. Suggestions?
The PRO just came out, people can't expect them to immediately have Firmware available. There will be firmware updates but yes, it'll take some time. When the A119S came out its WDR performance wasn't great but after some updates they greatly improved upon it.

I say give it time but that's my opinion. If night video performance is important to you, sure, going for the A119S makes sense as things have been dialed in quite well on it not to mention the S is the model suited for night performance.

It appears Viofo needs to tweak the ISO during times of extreme low light. Take a look at this video I uploaded; skip to around 0:32 to see the issue. I'm sure Viofo is aware of this and are hard at work. :)

It appears Viofo needs to tweak the ISO during times of extreme low light. Take a look at this video I uploaded; skip to around 0:32 to see the issue. I'm sure Viofo is aware of this and are hard at work. :)

It might be grainy, but it's almost magical how areas that looked completely black when the headlights were on suddenly become visible.

Clearly the sensor is capable of getting useful information from every area of the frame even at extreme differences of brightness. Wouldn't it be great if it did so, even when the headlights are on? It would take something like HDR/WDR - but we want something tailored for dash cam use, not for producing natural looking movies. It might require processing of multiple exposures, but I'd prefer that improvements in processor power be devoted to this, than to 4K/60fps, for example.

Of course this is an observation about dash cams in general.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

So does the latest official firmware for the A119 and A119 Pro have WDR?

Duno if their sensors support WDR. They both could have HDR but WDR i duno. At least Pro version has some change in brightness/gamma when WDR is on.
VIOFO could add HDR for A119Pro if they think more serious about it.

Duno if their sensors support WDR. They both could have HDR but WDR i duno. At least Pro version has some change in brightness/gamma when WDR is on.
VIOFO could add HDR for A119Pro if they think more serious about it.
Both the sensor and the DSP support dual frame HDR. It might be added later if it proves to be useful for dashcam video.

I have bought the A119 PRO version for the front (with hoping they will tweak the nights) and the A119S for the rear. I hope i made a good decision, lol.

Any news regarding the new firmware? :D
Nothing yet. There is definitely potential for this cam so I am certain they'll make tweaks and adjustments where necessary but it is still relatively new so I'm giving it some time.

Back