A119 (production) firmware updates

DashBoat

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Viofo A129 & A139
Does anyone know where to download the official stable firmware updates?

From next firmware, we will include change log, and will share on dashcamtalk and our official site, the beta version will be released soon for testing.

Beta version for testing:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/22493212/A119/A119_20160724_Beta.zip
Change log:
1. Added: Speed Unit Option: MPH and KPH;
2. Added: GPS info Stamp: Speed, Coordinate, Both, Off
3. Added: Display Customize Text on video;(Please check the attachment, the "Toyota RAV4" is Customize text)
4: Changed: LDWS/FCWS only works in 1080P 30fps mode due to hardware limitation
5. Changed: Timelapse video duration is 2mins
6. Improved: No card format warning after read files on computer
7. Improved: Reduce night time video noise and optimize metering

A119 NEW.jpg

Hi Bill @viofo . I will try to update my beta A119 and see how things are going.

Installed. We'll see how it looks tomorrow after work.

Thanks

Thanks for the update! I installed the beta firmware and it still asks to format the SD card after putting it in the computer. Also, prior to the update (and still happening), some captured movies refuse to be played on the computer while others play just fine. I can't get any video to play on the camera itself at all. I kept getting "memory error". I suspect it could be my card, which is a no-brand class 10 card that is a few years old. I am ordering a SanDisk card so I will try that when it arrives.

Thanks for the update! I installed the beta firmware and it still asks to format the SD card after putting it in the computer. Also, prior to the update (and still happening), some captured movies refuse to be played on the computer while others play just fine. I can't get any video to play on the camera itself at all. I kept getting "memory error". I suspect it could be my card, which is a no-brand class 10 card that is a few years old. I am ordering a SanDisk card so I will try that when it arrives.
Thanks for your testing, maybe you can try to format the card after install the new firmware, then check if it will ask format after read file on computer.

Thanks for your testing, maybe you can try to format the card after install the new firmware, then check if it will ask format after read file on computer.

I already tried that. ;) The first thing after the update, I inserted the card and formatted it just to be safe. After taking some test movies, I put the card into the computer. One movie out of 4 total did not play. I put the card back into the camera and it asked me to format. I cancelled the format dialog box and let it capture a few more movies. All of the new movies play on the computer but now none of them would play on the camera. Prior to the update, earlier today, I captured about 2 dozen movies during my drives and only the early morning movies played. The later movies would not play on the computer at all. I tried all video programs: QuickTime, Dashcam Viewer, VLC, etc. The movie files appear to be correct file size (around 500-600MB each), but nothing can read them.

I already tried that. ;) The first thing after the update, I inserted the card and formatted it just to be safe. After taking some test movies, I put the card into the computer. One movie out of 4 total did not play. I put the card back into the camera and it asked me to format. I cancelled the format dialog box and let it capture a few more movies. All of the new movies play on the computer but now none of them would play on the camera. Prior to the update, earlier today, I captured about 2 dozen movies during my drives and only the early morning movies played. The later movies would not play on the computer at all. I tried all video programs: QuickTime, Dashcam Viewer, VLC, etc. The movie files appear to be correct file size (around 500-600MB each), but nothing can read them.
Thanks, we will do more testing with different cards today.

Thanks, we will do more testing with different cards today.

I ended up ordering a Transcend 64GB card. It should arrive no later than Thursday. I will test it as much as I can and report back.

I ended up ordering a Transcend 64GB card. It should arrive no later than Thursday. I will test it as much as I can and report back.
Yeah, sounds like it may be your card. Also, did you reset to defaults after firmware install?

I think Viofo said to set to default after installing firmware, but I could have imagined that.
Yes and @jokiin said it too. He reminded me to do it in the beta firmware thread just last week :oops:

That said, my production A119 w/ gps arrived today. Outer box was wrapped in what seemed to be approximately 17 entire rolls of packing tape. Had a hell of a time opening it but the inner box was mint and the camera looks good. I'll install this latest firmware on both this camera and the pre production one and if I'm lucky I'll have time to install the new cam in my truck in the next day or three.

Last edited:
I installed the firmware yesterday and looked at some of the videos when I got home today. I set the GPS Info Stamp to Coordinates. I did not put anything in the Customize Text field.
There are a few issues. The speed is still being shown in the video. The speed value is still displayed in KPH but the displayed label is MPH. The whole bottom row of text information has partially scrolled off the left of the video and appeared on the right side of the video. In the attached picture it shows that I am doing 116 MPH it was more like 70ish (google says 72.7mph). It also shows the scrolled text.

I remember there was an issue with scrolled text a while back with the SG9665GC and it was a result of not putting information their equivalent of the Customize Text field. I only mention this because both of these cameras seem to be built on the same basic platform. I'll fill it in and see what happens.

2016_0727_141101_114.MP4_snapshot_00.01_[2016.07.27_15.50.47].png

I remember there was an issue with scrolled text a while back with the SG9665GC and it was a result of not putting information their equivalent of the Customize Text field. I only mention this because both of these cameras seem to be built on the same basic platform. I'll fill it in and see what happens.

View attachment 24860

It's a similar issue, will just be a case of it not being found yet but the engineer will be able to sort it out no problem once @viofo lets them know the same problem exists

I'm having an issue with the A119 I just received. Whenever it comes on, I get prompted to format the card. I have set the format warning setting to 30 days and it still continues to prompt on startup every time.

I've tried several different SD cards and have tried the 2016.06.07 firmware it shipped with as well as the latest 2016.07.24 beta. The cards have been formatted several times in the camera after being accessed on a computer.

Any thoughts if this is a bug or if I'm doing something wrong?

thanks!

I'm having an issue with the A119 I just received. Whenever it comes on, I get prompted to format the card. I have set the format warning setting to 30 days and it still continues to prompt on startup every time.

I've tried several different SD cards and have tried the 2016.06.07 firmware it shipped with as well as the latest 2016.07.24 beta. The cards have been formatted several times in the camera after being accessed on a computer.

Any thoughts if this is a bug or if I'm doing something wrong?

thanks!

It's a known bug they're fixing. Hopefully they'll squash it by the next update. On the plus side, the beta firmware addresses a few other things that I find useful.

Back