A119 screen stays on

vtwinjunkie

Reaction score
Country
United States
Recently got my A119 and I am running latest firmware. An issue I have found is that the screen stays on when it is supposed to time out after 5 seconds (or whatever I have set it to)....I have had this for about 3 weeks and it has never done this until recently...After 10-15 min it starts beeping.

At any time I can push the menu button (to pull up the menu) and push it once more disable the menu. shortly after this the screen will turn off like normal.

Is this a known issue?

sounds like a possible bad memory card. do you have a different SD card you can test with? if not, test this card in your computer using H2TestW to make sure the card itself isn't defective/counterfeit.

Its a lexar that I got off amazon. def not defective. def not fake.

do you use the supplied USB cable?

SD cards, even tested with the "h2testw" utility die soon after (no problems found during testing) just like that. I have at least 3 cards died after just 2-3 uses. it might be the cable (power), or the resolution. all of my dead cards (5 cards, 3x128gb, 2x64gb, 3 brands) died soon after I switched to 1080@60fps, and all dead cards are from the rear camera (cable?!). I used the USB cables from "monoprice" "28/24AWG" while the original cable (comes with the camera) was 22AWG. I replaced both cables yesterday. I didn't replace the cables to the original ones earlier because I (was lazy, cold outside etc.) had 2 cameras but only one original cable. and that one was 350sm cable, even a little bit short for my small car (Nissan Juke).
the cards die like this: the last time you use it it was OK, but after inserting it into a camera you get "please format a card", which if you proceed goes to nowhere. the screen "format the card" just stays on, and if you try to check that card on a computer, it's not recognizable anymore.
don't expect to get anything useful from "h2testw" utility. it will tell you the performance of your card, which may die right after the test and you'll never find out why.
:)

Last edited:
This may related to the SD card as it stop recording after 10-15 mins.

Back