A119 stuck on VIOFO Logo - Solution

BCHobbyist

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Dash Cam
A139 3Camera A129Duo-8WL A129Pro-4K A119V3 A119S-6Vk DCTeam
A119 Dashcam owners that can't update to newest firmware and stuck on VIOFO logo must DOWNGRADE the firmware. Using this longer method of copying the Firmware binary file to the microSD card using a USB card reader ensures a successful update.

How to DOWNGRADE Firmware on VIOFO A119
Step 1) Download Firmware from official VIOFO source:
A119 - older v2.0 firmware = http://www.viofo.com/download/firmware/A119/
Step 2) Locate Downloaded Firmware, extract ZIP archive LDBA119.bin / FWBA119.bin / Releasenote.txt
Step 3) obtain 16 or 32 GB microSD card which should already be formatted as FAT32.
for best results connect 16/32GB card using USB adapter/SD adapter into computer.
Step 4) Copy LOADER file LDBA119.bin to ROOT of 16/32GB microSD card.
Step 5) close File Explorer then Safely Remove Device or Shutdown computer before disconnecting USB adapter.
Step 6) with Dashcam powered off insert 16/32GB card with LOADER file LDBA119.bin
Step 7) Connect Dashcam to 5volt 2amp power source (home or car),
the VIOFO logo appears, wait 30 seconds then disconnect power.
Step 8) Remove microSD card and connect to computer using USB adapter.
Step 9) Delete LOADER file LDBA119.bin, now Copy Firmware FWBA119.bin to Root.
Step 10) close File Explorer then Safely Remove Device before disconnecting USB card adapter.
Step 11) with Dashcam powered off insert 16/32GB card with Firmware file FWBA119.bin
Step 12) Connect Dashcam to 5volt 2amp power source (home or car),
the red REC light should blink slow then faster and repeat,
if successful the Dashcam should restart on its own within 2 mins.
Step 13) After successful restart press REC to stop recording then press MENU,
press REC then middle button to verify Firmware version,
while in MENU Settings select DEFAULT Settings then wait for restart.
Step 14) Upgrade to NEWEST Firmware by following my 'How to Update Firmware' video.

Browse all BCHobbyist WorkShop videos:
https://www.youtube.com/user/bchobbyist

Hi all, for me helped following

Before- after connecting viofo to usb cable- display stucks on logo viofo. Reflashing firmware doesnt help, also sending back to seller (China) is not possible- price is the same like a new one viofo. I tried to open the body and I ve found unplugged bus from camera to main PCB desk...system with a locking the bus is not good and when you are moving with a lens, it can happened- bus is unplugged. After reconnecting the bus to the main desk, viofo stars detecting as mass storage, which wasnt before. Then I was able to upgrade to newest FW and also display and recording working back as before. Hope, that helps
Regards
Petr

Hi all, for me helped following

Before- after connecting viofo to usb cable- display stucks on logo viofo. Reflashing firmware doesnt help, also sending back to seller (China) is not possible- price is the same like a new one viofo. I tried to open the body and I ve found unplugged bus from camera to main PCB desk...system with a locking the bus is not good and when you are moving with a lens, it can happened- bus is unplugged. After reconnecting the bus to the main desk, viofo stars detecting as mass storage, which wasnt before. Then I was able to upgrade to newest FW and also display and recording working back as before. Hope, that helps
Regards
Petr
When disconnecting and reconnecting the Lens Module ribbon cable always double check it's fully inserted before locking the clip.
see my detailed video // 5:01 reconnect lens ribbon cable //

Strange...because VIOFO stated that EACH product is CAREFULLY inspected ...

it most likely is, but like anything you will not get everything.

it most like passed testing in the factory, but I bet the cable was loose enough to where during shipping that it became an issue. I am sure they strive for 100% 0 defects and do what they can to reach that.

Yup, Apple has all the money and resources any company could ever ask for and they can't get a 0% defect rate either. It's all about good after sales support with any and all electronics products.

Yup, Apple has all the money and resources any company could ever ask for and they can't get a 0% defect rate either. It's all about good after sales support with any and all electronics products.

you certainly do try and not have defects, there's a lot of product that sells on Aliexpress and the like which has zero QC processes in place and there's some shocking production facilities that produce the low end stuff that don't even test what they make during the build process as the margins are so tight they can't justify the expense

you certainly do try and not have defects, there's a lot of product that sells on Aliexpress and the like which has zero QC processes in place and there's some shocking production facilities that produce the low end stuff that don't even test what they make during the build process as the margins are so tight they can't justify the expense

Yeah those generic factories partnered with the generic Ali sellers will easily have double digit > XX% defects rather than low single digit X% from proper QC factories.
They realize it's too expensive for customers to ship the failed unit back to China as well. (and count on the customer giving up)

they can't get a 0% defect rate either. It's all about good after sales support with any and all electronics products.
Maybe in USA you think that as result of brain wash procedure conducted by Apple.I do not want to make further comments,but in Germany nothing can be repaired by Apple and the customer is the idiot who pays his own huge mistake BELIVING in a true aftersales support.I have met in my job hundred of former customers of Apple that switched to less glamourous companies,but with TRUE aftersales support.
After sales support is dying everywhere because of costs.VW telling you something???
Viofo can only look exactly as I over the well guarded fences in the yard of big companies.
A little company survives when it is extremely careful to furfill the customer needs.Spreading sh...t over others to justify own mistakes is not the way to go.
Advertising false things,making statements without support this is annoying.
We are saying here: Entweder Machst Du das oder lass es...This means Are you going to do it?If not leave it.
Every Chinese company is trying to sell where?Where the money is ,that is USA and West Europe.I can not imagine much chinese workers willing to pay half their wedges for some gismos.
It is very disturbing that even now,it is no law that should claim that the products sold in a particular country MUST comply with local demands regarding QC and guarantee...
If this will be adopted,then you will see what this will mean for all chinese stuff.

Maybe in USA you think that as result of brain wash procedure conducted by Apple.I do not want to make further comments,but in Germany nothing can be repaired by Apple and the customer is the idiot who pays his own huge mistake BELIVING in a true aftersales support.I have met in my job hundred of former customers of Apple that switched to less glamourous companies,but with TRUE aftersales support.
After sales support is dying everywhere because of costs.VW telling you something???
Viofo can only look exactly as I over the well guarded fences in the yard of big companies.
A little company survives when it is extremely careful to furfill the customer needs.Spreading sh...t over others to justify own mistakes is not the way to go.
Advertising false things,making statements without support this is annoying.
We are saying here: Entweder Machst Du das oder lass es...This means Are you going to do it?If not leave it.
Every Chinese company is trying to sell where?Where the money is ,that is USA and West Europe.I can not imagine much chinese workers willing to pay half their wedges for some gismos.
It is very disturbing that even now,it is no law that should claim that the products sold in a particular country MUST comply with local demands regarding QC and guarantee...
If this will be adopted,then you will see what this will mean for all chinese stuff.

and the ones that offer ****ty products and support will die.

Back