A119 turns constantly screen on and beeps 2 times

Chris_Santa Cruz

Reaction score
Country
United States
We received the A119 with GPS on July 24, 2017. The unit suddenly turns the screen on when driving, making 2 beeps. This happens continuously when driving and is very distracting. We already installed the latest firmware, formatted, and set to default setting and G sensor to off. We also set the beeping to OFF in the menu but the unit still beeps. GPS is not in use. Power source is UBS plugged into the A119 (not the GPS). We also tried another UBS power sources (radio). We love everything else about it, but the the beeping is distracting. Is the unit defective?

Last edited:
We received the A119 with GPS on July 24, 2017. The unit suddenly turns the screen on when driving, making 2 beeps. This happens continuously when driving and is very distracting. We already installed the latest firmware, formatted, and set to default setting and G sensor to off. We also set the beeping to OFF in the menu but the unit still beeps. GPS is not in use. Power source is UBS plugged into the A119 (not the GPS). We also tried another UBS power sources (radio). We love everything else about it, but the the beeping is distracting. Is the unit defective?
have you tried to record the video with the camera not mounted onto a GPS module or at home?
what SD card do you use?

have you tried to record the video with the camera not mounted onto a GPS module or at home?
what SD card do you use?
We use Sandisk micro SDXC Ultra UHS-I 64GB, same recommended by Amazon. Yes, we actually tried without the GPS module.

Are you saying your using a USB port in your car and not the supplied car adapter? If so, try the supplied car adapter.

Are you saying your using a USB port in your car and not the supplied car adapter? If so, try the supplied car adapter.
Yes, we already tried supplied car adapters on both cars and both had the same symptoms. We also tried different car adapters.

The SanDisk Ultra card is actually not recommended for use in dash cameras. Do you have another card to try? I don't think the A119 is defective since both are doing it.

Yes, we already tried supplied car adapters on both cars and both had the same symptoms. We also tried different car adapters.
have you tried a different USB cable?

The SanDisk Ultra card is actually not recommended for use in dash cameras. Do you have another card to try? I don't think the A119 is defective since both are doing it.
This is news! When we bought the unites from Amazon the SanDisk Ultra was listed as "customers also bought with Sandisk Ultra micro SDXC UHS-I". I just research this topic more and bought directly from Spytec the RiData 64GB UHS-1 Class 10 Micro SDXC. Once we have that we will try and report to all.

Last edited:
This is news! When we bought the unites from Amazon the SanDisk Ultra was listed as "customers also bought with Sandisk Ultra micro SDXC UHS-I".

unfortunately Amazon just reports on what people buy, not why they buy it, Sandisk is a strong brand that people would feel comfortable buying but that doesn't mean it's the best choice for this application

Back