A119 Unable to update firmware v3.6 to v4.0

blackpsb

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Dash Cam
A119 V2, A118C
Hello

I'm trying to update the firmware from v3.6 to v4.0 but have been unsuccessful. I followed the VIOFO instructions on their website and put the FWBA119.bin file in the root of the card, but the firmware remains v3.6. I tried following all the suggestions/instructions in this thread: https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/the-firmware-119-v2-is-not-updated.33329/

But none of them has worked. I've also tried different cards and cables. Is there something else I can try, or do I have a defective unit?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Those instructions are for when a user can't update from V3.4. I'm not aware of anyone having a similar issue updating from V3.6. Possible it's the same issue though I suppose. Have you tried to rename the file from FWBA119.bin to FWBA119S.bin? If not, try that and see if it takes.

Hey, thanks for the reply. Yes, I've tried renaming the FW as outlined in posts in the thread I linked.

I haven't heard of any problems updating v3.6 either, so perhaps it's a defective unit...? Hoping someone can chime in they had the same issue.

What card are you using. Did you format the card inside the camera before copying the file to the card?

I've tried a 32GB Transcend 400x and Lexar 633x and a 64GB Transcend 400X. The 32GB Transcend is the main card I use in the A119. Yes, I've tried formatting the cards in the camera and on my Windows 10 desktop.

I've tried a 32GB Transcend 400x and Lexar 633x and a 64GB Transcend 400X. The 32GB Transcend is the main card I use in the A119. Yes, I've tried formatting the cards in the camera and on my Windows 10 desktop.
what do you see on a camera screen when you power it up with the firmware file on sd card?
where did you get the .bin file?

what do you see on a camera screen when you power it up with the firmware file on sd card?
where did you get the .bin file?

When powering up with the v4.0 firmware, it just goes straight to recording after the VIOFO logo and all my preferred menu settings are set back to default. I got the .bin file from the VIOFO Support Center.

Doesn't seem to be recognising the .bin file for some reason.

I'd try another card, format inside the camera, transfer .bin to the root of the SD card and apply power.

Doesn't seem to be recognising the .bin file for some reason.

I'd try another card, format inside the camera, transfer .bin to the root of the SD card and apply power.

Yes, I've tried three different cards, different cables, formatted in the camera (and on my desktop) and have always put the .bin file in root of the card.

When powering up with the v4.0 firmware, it just goes straight to recording after the VIOFO logo and all my preferred menu settings are set back to default. I got the .bin file from the VIOFO Support Center.
I've downloaded the same firmware from the VIOFO Support Center many times already.
there are 2 files on A119 Viofo support page, one on the top and the other one on the bottom. if you download both files and check their properties, you'll find out the two files are not he same. download the top one.
the one on the left from the top of the page, the one on the right from the bottom. their sizes are different.

bin file-crop.JPG

there are 2 files on A119 Viofo support page, one on the top and the other one on the bottom. if you download both files and check their properties, you'll find out the two files are not he same. download the top one.
the one on the left from the top of the page, the one on the right from the bottom. their sizes are different.

I'm aware of this discrepancy and have only downloaded the one at the top (v.4.0).

I'm aware of this discrepancy and have only downloaded the one at the top (v.4.0).
have you tried to update the loader, the one for A119?

have you tried to update the loader, the one for A119?

Yes, tried the LD file from VIOFO's firmware page. Also, tried renaming the file to LDA119S.bin as suggested in the thread I linked in my original post.

Back