A119 Unable to update firmware v3.6 to v4.0

the firmware update takes ~1 minute. did you see any REC button flashing?

When the camera is connected to power, the REC button doesn't flash at all. It displays the VIOFO logo and goes straight to recording.

I bet @CaptureYourAction will have a chance to update his loaders collection by one more very soon.
smile3.gif

Hey ,There ,GIRLGUYs,,,I found this thread and am having same Brain storm problem ,,i am a Tech by trade and feel like my brain hurts. I have A119 i believe V2 with V3.6 trying to upgrade to 4. I haven't yet tried all the suggestions mentioned yet, as i just found them ...Thks.

Hey ,There ,GIRLGUYs,,,I found this thread and am having same Brain storm problem ,,i am a Tech by trade and feel like my brain hurts. I have A119 i believe V2 with V3.6 trying to upgrade to 4. I haven't yet tried all the suggestions mentioned yet, as i just found them ...Thks.
try to do it step by step, and write down what you do and how, and what you see on a camera screen. good luck with the firmware upgrade!
smile3.gif

Hey ,Guys I successfully upgraded the software ,, but weird thing is it says Ver. A119_180730_V3.91 ,,, maybe they revised it for A119,,,,, All i did was delete all video files ,on my Lexar 64gb sd card and went to Viofo site downloaded the FWDA119.bin 3.88mb file and added it the the SD card ,, and safely eject it out of usb on PC and into usb power block plugged in My short usb with Dashcam and it started its led dance and shazam thk u mam,, i wonder if they made changes to the file ,, cause its not V.4 ??? Lifes a bitch and them u die.

Download the version at the top left of the Viofo A119 Firmware Support page "A119 V4.0 Firmware". There was a problem earlier that the files at the bottom were V3.91 that may not have been fixed.

Hey ,Guys I successfully upgraded the software ,, but weird thing is it says Ver. A119_180730_V3.91 ,,, maybe they revised it for A119,,,,, All i did was delete all video files ,on my Lexar 64gb sd card and went to Viofo site downloaded the FWDA119.bin 3.88mb file and added it the the SD card ,, and safely eject it out of usb on PC and into usb power block plugged in My short usb with Dashcam and it started its led dance and shazam thk u mam,, i wonder if they made changes to the file ,, cause its not V.4 ??? Lifes a bitch and them u die.
like @5Cowbells said - download the .bin file from the top of the Viofo support page, that file is 4.04 MB (4,246,272 bytes).

Okay verdict is neither the V.4 works or Beta V4 works ..it goes thru the flash but near the end it makes a small click and is dead until i flash the bin back to V3.91 . Whats up??

Okay verdict is neither the V.4 works or Beta V4 works ..it goes thru the flash but near the end it makes a small click and is dead until i flash the bin back to V3.91 . Whats up??
how much time did the upgrade process take? in seconds, please.

I don't know the seconds ,, but i think it was at the end of the flash .

I don't know the seconds ,, but i think it was at the end of the flash .
once I had to repeat the firmware upgrade process 3 or 4 times in a row until it was finally successful. "normal" upgrade takes about 60 seconds. and it might take longer, I think.

I will leave it for now , and try it again in in a week or so. Thks 4 helping.

Download the version at the top left of the Viofo A119 Firmware Support page "A119 V4.0 Firmware". There was a problem earlier that the files at the bottom were V3.91 that may not have been fixed.
It is updated.

HI! I tried the top V4.0 and would not fully load it would click and go dead until i reflashed with the V3.91 ,, i tried today tried the beta version and it did the same.

I've seen discussion here on DCT that there were some units sold recently that require a special boot loader procedure before upgrading the factory firmware. I really can't advise on that issue.

FWIW, here is the sequence of events with start times and duration recently recorded when loading A119 FW Version 4.00 firmware (FWBA119.bin file):

…………………...Event...………………...………...………..Start Time…...….Event Duration
  1. Power up……………………………………………………………..17:51:17 ……………….0 seconds
  2. Red & Green button lights blink slowly...…………….17:51:17.............……18 seconds
  3. Red & Green button lights blink fast…………………..17:51:35.……………….8 seconds
  4. Red & Green button lights blink slowly......……….....17:51:43...……………..8 seconds
  5. Red & Green button lights blink fast………………….. 17:51:51...……...……..3 seconds
  6. Red & Green button lights extinguish......………….....17:51:54...……..……...1 second
  7. Solid Red button light, camera boots...…....……….....17:51:55...……………10 seconds
  8. Solid Red button light, Viofo Logo on screen.....…..17:52:05...…………..…2 seconds
  9. Solid Red button light, camera records...………….…..17:52:07
Total Elapsed time, power-up to camera recording...…………….. ……………...…..50 seconds

Last edited:
Thats weird i don't remember seeing any green led flashing and i have done quite few uploads. It cuts out at 40-41 secs when flashing any V4.0

Back