A119 v1 / GPS module V1 upgrade kit to V2?

aftershoxUK

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
VIOFO A119v2 with GPS v2
Hi folks

1st post - hoping you can help? Sorry for the long post.

I'm from the UK - looking to get my first dash cam (to switch between my van, and my pickup). The A119 seems to fit my requirements - and the idea was to purchase the A119 with the GPS mount (for the van) - and then purchase a second GPS mount (for the pickup). Moving the camera between vehicles.

I'd also be looking to purchase the CPL clip on filter (as most driving is day time).

I was all set to pull the trigger on buying the A119 - when I came across recent posts about the GPS v2 - and incompatibility with the A119(v1).

Most sellers on Amazon UK only seem to have A119 (v1) - but I came across this V2 upgrade / replacement kit? LINK Posted a picture in this thread.

The kit shows it includes: Updated Chip, Updated GPS mount, 2x EVA foam & Repair screwdriver.

I had read other posts on here about installing the EVA foam (to stop the wobble), but this kit has extra stuff - modified A119 camera backplate, and a new GPS mount housing (with the rounded connectors, not the pins!).

Not sure where the replacement chip goes as I don't own an A119 yet?

Obviously, I want the best experience from my dashcam - but the discovery about a V2 model / GPS V2 has delayed my decision making a little bit in deciding to purchase the A119 or not.

My other choice (whilst more expensive) would be the DOD-Tech LS470W+

So, my question is - If I purchase the A119-v1 with GPS-v1 / and get the V2 upgrade / replacement kit - it will upgrade the Dashcam + GPS mount to V2 - then all I need to do is purchase a 2nd GPS mount (V2) and all is well?

Attachments

• v1-to-v2-kit.jpg
    v1-to-v2-kit.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 56
So, my question is - If I purchase the A119-v1 with GPS-v1 / and get the V2 upgrade / replacement kit - it will upgrade the Dashcam + GPS mount to V2 - then all I need to do is purchase a 2nd GPS mount (V2) and all is well?

yes that would be the case, better to just by the V2 camera to begin with though, shop around, they're out there

Why........... It appears that Viofo V2 replacement kit works and can see how and wonder who made it ?

V2 cameras are available, being able to retrofit the parts to update a V1 if you already own one is great but doesn't make a lot of sense to buy a V1 only to have to do this, just buy the updated model to begin with

V2 cameras are available, being able to retrofit the parts to update a V1 if you already own one is great but doesn't make a lot of sense to buy a V1 only to have to do this, just buy the updated model to begin with

Thanks jokiin. In the UK there are no stocks of A119-V2 - but plenty of A119s-V2. Are there any UK sellers you know that have A119 V2 stock that use this forum?

One final question - Do you think doing this upgrade from V1 to V2 replacement would affect the warranty if I go ahead and buy a V1 and upgrade it?

I confirmed VIOFO supplied rtech the V1/V2 upgrade kits for Amazon UK. They are official factory parts. (Special arrangement)

Last edited:
I confirmed VIOFO supplied rtech the V1/V2 upgrade kits for Amazon UK. They are official factory parts. (Special arrangement)
Can't find any references to this upgrade kit on Amazon UK. Anyone found it and could give me a link?

Amazon don't ship to Malaysia... Wish it was available for Malaysian market...

Back