A119 V1 weird behavior, dying?

Siley

Reaction score
Country
Czech Republic
Dash Cam
A119
HI i have A119 since 2016 and until today I didn't had any problem and everytime worked perfectly. This morning i saw purple display and dash cam didn't respond to the buttons, it beeps and that was all. After multiple hard unplug from power it started work again. Surprisingly cam recorded this behavior on memory card (ignore blurry record, it was foggy windshield)

Now in the evening I had another wierd glitch a cam didn't record at all and againg didnt respond to any buttons, again only beebs. I tried remove memory card and nothing change. Again this wierd image on lcd. And After multiple hard unplug from power it started work again.
20221227_183022.jpg

Has anyone experienced this problem or have any idea what could be causing it? Or it's just dying and I'll have to buy a new one.

Yes, it's dying. It's time for a new one.

The Static screen is usually resolved with a firmware re-install or update. Be sure to manually default the cameras settings after the update, then press and hold the hard reset button on the side of the camera for about 5 seconds.

The purple looks like a possible image sensor failure.

If it was me I'd be looking at a new dashcam sooner rather than later ..... why .... because if your V1 maybe has a mini USB power connector then it can be easily replaced with a V3 that has the same connector.

If you wait, the V3 may be unavailable and the latest 'Mini' uses USB-C so would require a rewire.

That's why I bought a second V3 a while back because, for me, it does all I require very well.

This screen issue can be resolved by upgrading the firmware. But it seems there is also an issue with the sensor board.
Anyway, you can try to upgrade the firmware.

I will try reflash firmware but i guess this will not repair sensor. I Woud wish maybe for dissasembly a repair but thats not probably doable (especialy for low price).
I guess A119 V3 is best replace due to cost. I can get it now for $118 (with 2 years warranty by our laws). The lower price (now) have only mini verison but with wires Im on same price and due to same hardware i guess there is not diffirences in quality.

I flashed it and unfortunately it didn't help. After an hour the problem reappeared. It is probably a hardware problem. So good bye in silicon heaven, you have provided perfect service for 6 years. (and 3 time saved my car)

Back