A119 V2 does not turn on automatically often!

terobaje

Reaction score
Country
United States
So, I have had my A119 V2 with GPS for about two weeks now. The camera refuses to turn on automatically often. It does not matter whether I have the power source connected to the GPS or directly to the camera. I have also applied the foam padding to make the connection firm. Anything else I can check/do?

What are you using to power the camera? Hardwire kit? Supplied 12V adapter and Viofo USB cable?

It's the USB cable that came with the camera connected to the car's built-in USB port.

Just to elaborate on @Harsh's post, most built-in car USB ports are only 500mAh. Most dash cams, especially the Viofo A119 series require at least 1amp (1000mAh) or more of current to operate properly.

There's your problem. Use the supplied 2 port charger, camera will work as it should.
Just to elaborate on @Harsh's post, most built-in car USB ports are only 500mAh. Most dash cams, especially the Viofo A119 series require at least 1amp (1000mAh) or more of current to operate properly.

I believe the USB port in my car outputs at 1amp, but, I will give it a try. Thank you guys for your suggestions.

I believe the USB port in my car outputs at 1amp, but, I will give it a try. Thank you guys for your suggestions.

A very useful and inexpensive gadget I often recommend to fellow dash cam owners is a USB voltage/current tester, such as the Charger Doctor or the more capable KEWEISI. They will tell you the exact voltage and current your USB port is providing along with other related functions.

tester.jpg

i have it connected to the usb port in my car and it has been working fine. (2018 Malibu LT)

So, I have the same issue with the supplied charger as well. I had to manually turn it on twice this morning.

So, I have the same issue with the supplied charger as well. I had to manually turn it on twice this morning.
Is this a Hybrid car? Your using the 12V Viofo adapter and the Viofo USB cable?

Are you powering through the GPS mount or direct into the camera?

Sounds defective at this point then, if it has this issue with multiple power sources. Return it for another.

I would also make sure your on the latest firmware, as it has a power on delay that could fix this issue.

Sounds defective at this point then, if it has this issue with multiple power sources. Return it for another.
At this point, it still sounds like a power supply issue. If that’s the case, a replacement won’t help. If he powers it using a USB wall charger and the supplied short VIOFO USB cable and it still shows this issue, then yes, I would agree it’s likely a hardware issue. So far the issue has only occurred while being powered in the car.

Is this a Hybrid car? Your using the 12V Viofo adapter and the Viofo USB cable?

Are you powering through the GPS mount or direct into the camera?

Not a hybrid car and I have tried powering via GPS mount and directly via camera. Per my previous post, I tried this with the Viofo cable and adapter.

Not a hybrid car and I have tried powering via GPS mount and directly via camera. Per my previous post, I tried this with the Viofo cable and adapter.
Are you running the firmware with the delayed power on feature? I would update to that if your not. I believe that was added in firmware version 3.9.

So, I have had my A119 V2 with GPS for about two weeks now. The camera refuses to turn on automatically often. It does not matter whether I have the power source connected to the GPS or directly to the camera. I have also applied the foam padding to make the connection firm. Anything else I can check/do?
you may take the camera home and update to the latest firmware, after that set a "Boot Delay" to 5/10sec.
and you should find out how much voltage coming into your camera.

The USB port in my car will read USB sticks but will not run the dash cam or charge a phone as the USB is wired via radio/cd player. This quite common in recent built cars. The USB does not output enough power to run any devices. Use a cigarette lighter socket with the dual USB adaptor supplied with the A119 v2, its capable of running 2 dash cams or 1 dashcam and charge a phone etc.

Back