A119 V2 new functions and versions

DorDash

Reaction score
Country
Israel
Hi guys, some questions:

1. Is there anything new about the LDWS/FCWS functions in V3.9 or V4.0? Do they work better or still should silence them? They were noisy and unnecessary in the earlier versions...
2. I have Viofo A119 V2 dashcam with an earlier version (can't remember now, must check it, but I've ordered it few months ago so earlier than 3.9 for sure). How can I flash the new version in a safe way without destroying the cam? I'm really a rookie, 0% experience and afriad...
3. So I saw that in V4.0 we can choose between TS and MP4 rec files, and understood TS is better because "it saves better". But TS also keeps the same high resolution? Does it simply to play TS videos in computers same as MP4 videos (just clicking "play", no special programs)?

Please your help here! Very Important...
And I am really sorry for my bad grammar or spelling mistakes, English is not my native language and I am new to this forum... Thanks again :)

firmware update is safe, nothing to worry about

TS and MP4 file quality is identical
Can you please explain me how to to update the firmware safe way and simple?
So I can play TS files simply same as MP4, no special program is needed, right? the regular players can handle TS vids?

download the bin file, copy it to an empty memory card that has been formatted in the camera, put the card back in the camera and power on the camera (do it in car is best) and the camera will do the rest

download the bin file, copy it to an empty memory card that has been formatted in the camera, put the card back in the camera and power on the camera (do it in car is best) and the camera will do the rest
Where can I download the bin file? Does it matter which firmware version I have now?

So TS is better, right?

will be on Viofo's website

TS is better at dealing with sudden power loss, MP4 has more options when it comes to playback and editing, technically there's no difference in quality so it is really only about reliability/convenience

will be on Viofo's website

TS is better at dealing with sudden power loss, MP4 has more options when it comes to playback and editing, technically there's no difference in quality so it is really only about reliability/convenience
what do you mean about "playback and editing"?

and can you link me please for the bins files?

100% exactly the same.
OK, just to make sure I understand: I need to download one of these file to an SD card. Then put it in the dashcam, turn it on (switch on), and it will updated itself... after the upgrading is done, I format the sd card so it can record the videos on it. Am I right?

Thanks a lot, I will write again if I get some problems.

Tell me please - let's say I've updated the version, and I have some issues I hadn't in the last. Can I downgrade?

firmware can upgrade or downgrade no problem
where can I find the older versions? In case I would like to downgrade? And its done the same as upgrading (sd card actions and etc.)?

Again, I admire your help, THANKS :)

someone here will have them, I wouldn't be too concerned though, the newer versions are better, there's no logical reason you'd want to go back to an older version

Reactions: gse
where can I find the older versions? In case I would like to downgrade? And its done the same as upgrading (sd card actions and etc.)?

Again, I admire your help, THANKS :)
it's done the same way, and you find them all on a forum. just ask.
smile3.gif

you don't have to format a card before or after the upgrade - it's up to you.
but after the upgrade recommended that you go in to a Menu and Default Settings (the camera will reboot), and after that you go to a Menu again and set Time Zone etc.

Back