A119 v2 Purple Video - Broken?

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Hello,

I purchased my A119 v2 about a month ago from Amazon, but did not know of this purple video issue until I looked at the footage recently, which are located below.

Purple video link here.
"Normal" video link here.

Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't and I have no idea why. If you look at the purple video, you can see it's still trying to record something based on the left side.

Since then, I have tried the following things, which has not fixed my issue.
  • Switched firmware from 4.01 (had this issue on this version too) to BC Hobbyist's modified firmware - no changes
  • Swapped the stock 12V car adapter to a newer, more reputable one - didn't fix my purple video issue, but seemed to have fixed the boot loop where my A119 would just constantly boot.
  • Got the CPL lens, but this was moreso to help with the night-time vision as taillights seem to kill license plate clarity. - no changes to my issues
  • Formatted my SD card multiple times, formatted the settings multiple times (which was also part of the firmware process)
  • I'm using the stock usb to mini-usb cable to connect from adapter directly into the A119, which is using a SanDisk High Endurance 64 gb SD card.
Can anyone shed some light on my issue? Should I be contacting Viofo/Amazon about a replacement?

Thanks!!

Either faulty CMOS or lose flex cable between CMOS and main PCB.

Sent from my VKY-L29 using Tapatalk

It seems some issue with the sensor. I will ask our support to contact you.

Back