A119 v2 v A119 v3

Tractor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
DCTeam A119 V3 - A119 V2 X 2 - GitUp G3 Duo - Yi DashCam
Here is a sample of A119 v2 side by side with the A119 v3. Near the end of the YouTube video there is a sample of both in a dark situation.
The most obvious difference is the lens angle. But also much improved clarity.

Here is a sample of A119 v2 side by side with the A119 v3. Near the end of the YouTube video there is a sample of both in a dark situation.
You are a professional, you need to attach the original video, YouTube for a quick look.;)

True. Even YouTube in HD doesn't do it justice.

You need to view on a decent 4k device. If you want see it at it's best and you must have fast connection, You can always down load the file from YouTube if your internet is not up to it.

You need to view on a decent 4k device. If you want see it at it's best and you must have fast connection, You can always down load the file from YouTube if your internet is not up to it.
You should not learn what to do and what to look at; I can do a comparison of freeze frames on a PC.
The originals of the video can be placed in the description of the video with links to YouTube or posted in the forum thread, and users decide what is more important.
If this is very difficult for you, you should not worry, but as a professional you should understand that you need to provide an original video.
Good luck.

There is no way that any of my original material will be release to public again due to copyright rules on YouTube in Europe. If I release the raw file and someone chooses challenges my ownership of the material. It would be make very difficult to contest if they also have the raw footage. Copyright Laws and being on the wrong side of it can cost a fortune.
I am not a professional just someone who has been into video for 30 years plus.

Last edited:
Most dashcam users are also not professionals, if you need to study frame grabs at pixel level then the differences are irrelevant to most people, while a difference visible on Youtube is worth having!

Youtube should not be compared, I asked for myself, not for someone.
Everything that I need, I will do and compare myself, Viofo provided a test sample.
Thanks for participating.

You should not use an online translators. And if you are interested in technical aspect you need to do your own research do not rely on someone else to supply your needs.
Is your lack of hardware to view the obvious superior V3 that you to have to see the data to confirm it.

Here is a 3 way sample. 2 Front 1 rear. Gloomy day. rendered in 1080p.

Here is a 3 way sample. 2 Front 1 rear. Gloomy day. rendered in 1080p.
Hi tractor did you deliberately find tractors to film lol.
Is that what you call an English lane!
What happens when you meet that machine on a blind Corner. I posted a video showing something similar but it was a semi you might call it a Lorry nearly a head on

Cool hedge trimmer not something you'd see in Australia but no doubt they'ed be used somewhere here.

Nice example of ver 2 vs v3 and how v3 seems to bring the image in closer and brightens dark areas better.
I watched it on my phone so didn't get the best possible appreciation of variants. Iphone8.

One thing that stood out was the variance in brightness. The angle of the front lenses. The v2 sees more sky which would affect its EV and possibly create darker areas.

Nice video editing. What video resolution did you upload it.

cheers.

Unfortunately I did not notice the V2 had moved. Problem is the lens needs to be between ratchet positions but keeps moving due to wear and tear. I did compensate the EV on the V2 by raising the brightness a little, something I do not normally do.
Because any true detail is lost by compressing down to get all three on the screen I decided to use 1080p as a few people had problems with 4K. But if anyone would like a 4K version P.M. me.
Met the tractor by chance but it is not uncommon to encounter many strange things in the lanes. Especially drivers who are not use to driving down those narrow lanes. Harvest time is the worst with very large grain lorry's charging up and down the lanes. Similar to you encounter.

@Tractor
I don't know if it will work with the mount but to align a 'ratchet' between points insert a wire, toothpick, or similar between grooves so that it, and not the ratchet teeth, causes the alignment. Thanks for posting these vids and all the work you do here (y)

Phil

@Tractor
I don't know if it will work with the mount but to align a 'ratchet' between points insert a wire, toothpick, or similar between grooves so that it, and not the ratchet teeth, causes the alignment. Thanks for posting these vids and all the work you do here (y)

Phil
Thanks I will give it a go.

Unfortunately I did not notice the V2 had moved. Problem is the lens needs to be between ratchet positions but keeps moving due to wear and tear. I did compensate the EV on the V2 by raising the brightness a little, something I do not normally do.
Because any true detail is lost by compressing down to get all three on the screen I decided to use 1080p as a few people had problems with 4K. But if anyone would like a 4K version P.M. me.
Met the tractor by chance but it is not uncommon to encounter many strange things in the lanes. Especially drivers who are not use to driving down those narrow lanes. Harvest time is the worst with very large grain lorry's charging up and down the lanes. Similar to you encounter.

Upping the EV on the A119V2 just helps to prove the A119V3 is better with managing light levels. Most likely other things too. Not keen on the old mount however. LIke the A129 mount.
Thanks for the reply.

Preview YouTube sample of A119V3 FW1.02. Best Viewed in 4K. Viofo have informed that it will be released this week.

Back