A119 v2 what settings do you use for best results? I can't see registration plates on videos.

So you are saying that not even the more expensive blackvue would be able to capture the plate at the same distance? Bummer. Before going for MODS I'll try out this new 4.01 with a higher resolution, and see if it suits me.
Agree with jokiin, the distance is too great and your plates are too small. In good lighting the Blackvue DR900 does have a resolution advantage over the A119@1440 but not a bitrate advantage, and I think some of the extra resolution is used up by wider FOV - they would both be around the limit at that distance. Used at 1080 resolution they will always both fail completely at that distance. Given your difficult plates, the A119, used at 1440 is a good choice, the firmware mods are not required unless you are making movies, improvements in plate readability will be very small and at the expense of faster card looping.

There are different mods with different bitrates the choice is yours and there is no charge or trying sell you something so the option is totally yours.

The wide FOV is one of the "features" I don't like about the A119V2- you'd have a lot more hope of reading the licence plate with a lens with a narrower FOV. I know some people say they read the number plates out loud so the audio catches it, but what if you miss the number plate?

I've got some Mobius with the A lens which are getting on a bit (5+ years old?) but they do a better job with the plates running at 1080P 30FPS.

Back