A119 V2 WONT PLAY RANDOM VIDEOS ON PC

Bengoof

Reaction score
Country
Israel
Hi i have A119 V20 powers with gps mount, V3.6
some random video file wont play.
maby 10% of all movie files> get "cant render the file" on MPC.
what can i do to fix it?123.jpg

Are you copying the video file to your PC before playing it? If not, do that. I also use a microSD card adapter or directly, not connect the camera itself to my PC.

Also try VLC Player and see if that can play the file.

TRY copy to pc wont work
try with microSD card adapter wont work
try with vlc not work.
its only some files the rest i can view fine.

My other suggestion would be to format the microSD card from the camera itself (saving any files you want first obviously). If it continues try another microSD card.

It it is random files ( not just first or last file / files in a drive session ) then there are a high chance the memory card is dying, try to test the memory card ( empty ) with the H2testw program.

I have check the asf card with h2testw and it's fine. I suspect the GPS mount makes the error

Loose gps to Camera will corrupt files.

A possible fix is some cloth tape (gaffe tape) between the GPS mount and camera.
Or there is a product kicking around that is a slim foam that goes between the camera and gps.

Loose gps to Camera will corrupt files.

A possible fix is some cloth tape (gaffe tape) between the GPS mount and camera.
Or there is a product kicking around that is a slim foam that goes between the camera and gps.
Can you add link so I can buy?

Yes.
Here is a link to Amazon.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/B072DS2DW9
I just used tape is cheaper.

Have you tried playing the damaged files in the dash cam?
It has the ability to fix corrupted files.
Thanx for the link.
About the ability to fix.
I format the all the files so I will check the option when I get some new files.
Hope that the foam will fix it all.

Yes if the camera is rattling a little on the mount it can momentarily loose connection and this can confuse camera and result in corrupted files.
Also it will be bad for the audio recording if the camera rattle in the mount.
If you take camera on / off all the time to spare it from the blistering heat in Israel then things ( camera - mount and EVA foam pads will of course wear down quicker )

Good its not your memory card on the way out :cool:

Yes if the camera is rattling a little on the mount it can momentarily loose connection and this can confuse camera and result in corrupted files.
Also it will be bad for the audio recording if the camera rattle in the mount.
If you take camera on / off all the time to spare it from the blistering heat in Israel then things ( camera - mount and EVA foam pads will of course wear down quicker )

Good its not your memory card on the way out :cool:
Yhe Is really hot in here
. Thnx for the info

If not done so previously try connecting power to the input port on the side of the camera body rather than the GPS mount. GPS will still receive power.
I've connected the power to the input port on the side of the camera body >much batter.
Now only the last video of every trip wont play.
If i watched that particular video on the camera itself next time i playing it on the pc> worked just fine.
strange,
Any thoughts?

I've connected the power to the input port on the side of the camera body >much batter.
Now only the last video of every trip wont play.
If i watched that particular video on the camera itself next time i playing it on the pc> worked just fine.
strange,
Any thoughts?
If the last video is always corrupt, it is possible that your capacitors are faulty. A way to test is to watch the red REC button light (LED) while you power down the camera. It should remain lit for about 5-7 seconds. If it turns off sooner, your capacitors may be faulty.

Back