A119 V3 and A229. Is sensor and optics the same? A229 has WiFi, larger display (2.4" vs 2.0") and support external microphone while A119 V3 support ex

HPF

Retailer
Reaction score
Country
Norway
Dash Cam
Currently none
A119 V3 and A229. Is sensor and optics the same? A229 has WiFi, larger display (2.4" vs 2.0") and support external microphone while A119 V3 support external monitor. Is that all? It cost €65 more so I would think there is more to it.

The A119 MINI, WiFi and a slightly smaller (1.5" vs 2.0") display also and cost €25 more than A119 V3 but rest if spec seems to be the same.

What about chipset for these dashcams? They seems to be using Novatek, I don't know which but would it make much of a difference when it comes to quality of recordings?

Last edited:
I talk about the differences between the A119 V3 vs. A119 Mini at 5:45 here;
-
Here’s my A229 review;
-Chuck

slightly smaller (1.5" vs 2.0") display
That is a lot smaller!

Think 32" monitor compared to 24" - that is the same difference.

Biggest difference is that the A229 supports a 2K rear camera instead of no rear camera.

What about chipset for these dashcams? They seems to be using Novatek, I don't know which but would it make much of a difference when it comes to quality of recordings?
Doesn't make much difference, except for the number of channels it can cope with.

The lens does make some difference, the A119, in both versions, has a narrower field of view, which some people like for reading plates, while the A229 is wider, maybe a better choice as a general purpose dashcam, but plates need to get closer before they can be read.

A119 V3 and A229. Is sensor and optics the same? A229 has WiFi, larger display (2.4" vs 2.0") and support external microphone while A119 V3 support external monitor. Is that all? It cost €65 more so I would think there is more to it.

The A119 MINI, WiFi and a slightly smaller (1.5" vs 2.0") display also and cost €25 more than A119 V3 but rest if spec seems to be the same.

You forgot the biggest difference...
A119 V3 is a single camera for the front only, and A229 is a dual camera front/rear camera in 1 package.

Back