A119 v3 doesn’t always automatically power on

Vortex Radar

Reaction score
Country
United States
So I’ve run an A119 v3 in my wife’s car for a few years and it’s been great. Lately I’ve been noticing that it doesn’t always power on when she starts her car and we have to push the power button to turn it on. Has anyone else experienced this before?

It’s hardwired to her car battery with a Viofo hardwire kit. I think it started when I upgraded to firmware 2.5, but I’m not sure. It’s her car and she doesn’t drive very often these days, so I’m not totally sure. Either way it’s still supposed to power on at startup, right?

Backtrack to an older firmware would be my first port of call.

I think I've read other problem posts with newer firmware, but rare.

I found the same after I updated the firmware to V2.5. Viofo has advised I revert back to V2.4 and see if that helps but I haven't had a chance to do that yet (not using my car at the moment).

Out of interest, what does 2.4 have that 1.03 doesn't?

I've tried a few versions and for me 1.03 seems to give the best overall results, especially freeze frame.

Thank you for the confirmation regarding firmware versions! Good to know I’m not crazy and that it’s not my wiring, haha.

I’m in the process of upgrading that car to an A139 setup, but I can go ahead and downgrade the A119 in the meantime regardless.

Back