A119 V3 file name format

Pmhiker

Reaction score
Country
United States
Can explain what the numbers and letters of the file name mean?
For example, are the ones ending with a "p" parking files?

The numbers are, from memory as I'm not near my PC, yyyymmddhhmmsequence which is year/month/date/time/next number

......or something like that

And, yes, the ones with a 'P' on the end are parking mode files.

The file names ending with a "P" are the parking mode files. The file name is Year_Date_Time_P

New guy here, not in possession of unit as yet.
Are these parking files protected, as in, won't be over-written?
If so, are the files saved when in constant low bit rate parking mode also protected?
Thanks.

New guy here, not in possession of unit as yet.
Are these parking files protected, as in, won't be over-written?
If so, are the files saved when in constant low bit rate parking mode also protected?
Thanks.
I haven't checked exactly what happens with the current firmware, but it will be something along the lines of:
  • Normal files are recorded in a loop with the oldest files deleted to free up space once the memory card is full.
  • Parking mode files are recorded in a second loop, with the oldest files deleted to free up space once the parking mode files reach a limit (not sure if that is currently a space limit or a file count limit.)
  • If the g-sensor is activated, or the emergency lock button pressed then the file will be moved to the RO folder where it is protected from the loop recording deletion, the RO folder is effectively a third loop of limited size so that it can never fill the entire memory card.
Essentially it just works, and you don't need to know exactly how, just remember that a significant amount of the memory card can be occupied by parking and event files, so choose your memory card size with this in mind.

Back